Cuauhtli, Coatl, Huitzil spells

Which dragons spell sets do u guys like…btw how do u even read these names (love the aztec and mayan looks)

1 Like

I’m not very impressed so far at all but I think we’ll all have a clearer idea of them once we get the stats on Tuesday. Patience, patience, patience… :t_rex:

5 Likes

I think the following:

Sorc - Will be really good at low/mid level game play as you have a White lightening bolt to clear blue mage, then shield to stay alive…

I think high level bases it will die quickly as bolt won’t clear out blue and then he’s dead in the water.

Hunter - Will be good at low/mid level. The dot will kill a lot of low/mid level buildings and rising phoenix type of spell to stay alive and do dmg.

High level, dot won’t be enough damage to do much and defenders will out heal the dot. If you need to use rising phoenix type spell vs lvl 60-63 towers, you’re instantly dead upon rebirth most likely. Not enough dmg or trap type of spells to survive as a leader.

Mythic Warrior - Again, low/mid level dragon. Bloodfury is good and the shield helps, but I’m concerned the thunderstorm won’t be enough damage again at high lvls to do much.

Just my opinion… most dragons that do well at higher lvls seem to have burst kits or spells that one shot (Spell flux for example).

Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Dot means damage over time right? :t_rex:

yes, that’s correct.

1 Like

Excellent excellent analysis

1 Like

The sorcerer is like a combination of Spindra, Equestor, and Estril. A little bit of the past, a little bit of the present, and a little bit of the future.

Wow. Ok. Sounds like a save and store season then.

1 Like

There’s two more dragons coming in week 6 so I haven’t given up hope… yet :rofl: :t_rex:

1 Like

Good review.
Thunder storm should be better than the lighting storm on Sage. Maybe it’ll be as strong as the pre-nerf original thunder storm from the distant past.

I’m sure I’ll be corrected by someone more knowledgeable, but if I remember my Aztec mythology courses correctly:

Cuauhtli - (koo-AH-oot-lee) - special class of Aztec infantry
Coatl - (koh-AH-tuhl) - based on Quetzalcoatl, a feathered deity in Aztec mythology
Huitzil - (hoo-EETS-uhl) - based on Huitzilopochtli, an Aztec war deity

Not proper phonetics, but I’ve found not everyone was an English nerd as I was hehe. Hope that helps!

Edit: got bored and added the origins, I think they’re all correct

8 Likes

Yea, the Mythic is going to be not that good or really good depending on the damage output of thunderstorm.

Just high level game play spells that do damage over time (Poisons, Lighting Storm, etc) struggle with defenders badly. Destar is really the only good warrior at high levels and that’s because of spell flux IMO.

Other strong warriors just can’t do enough dmg fast enough with defenders. If Thunderstorm somehow concentrates damage more so on a few towers (instead of spread across an entire island) it may be more viable.

We’ll see when details are released :slight_smile:

Looks like Merkt has been replaced by a new dragon for best perch mythic, I think.

He’s definitely better than merkt. He actually has a fun kit and the extra tier that he’ll get extends his longevity. Believe it or not, he actually has some timing elements to his playstyle.

2 Likes

Do you have merkt or have played him?

A question in response of the thread.
As a F2P player, should I just get the rider, and wait for the later released dragons?

Rider

1 Like

Judging by the not-very-impressive start to these dragons, go for the defensive rider. I may do that but I want to see the stats of everything first. :t_rex:

I will, considering that I’ll do not so good progress next breeding :disappointed_relieved:
Just finishing Kulan and Jagra, then get extra eggs from Necura for next fort…

and what would you consider high/low levels?