Hello Dragon Lords, we’re happy to announce that we sent Danav to Summer school (even though we let him walk at graduation) to finish learning how to be the dragon he was always meant to be. We tested the dragon internally and with a little help from our good friends at the GPF, and he’s ready to go.
Danav’s changes will go into effect during the first week of the season (next week, Weds) – so you will need to decide if you want to acquire him now, because you won’t be able to later.
On a typical attack, Danav had to destroy a Storm/Earth Flak Tower, a Red Mage Tower, and Blue Mage Tower in order to gain access to its healing + rage mechanic. Danav both lacked the damage and survivability to consistently achieve this, so our buff testing was focused on alleviating this issue
- Blade Storm
- Spell duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 3).
- Note: this also increases the spells total damage output, since the spell deals 6% of the dragon’s modified HP per second.
- Destroyer’s Wrath
- Bonus breath damage increased to 300% (was 250%).
- Delight in Destruction
- Spell Color changed to white (was originally blue).
Danav now kills towers faster and dodges attacks (most importantly supershots) for longer, so Danav can more consistently kill the towers it needs to in order to unlock its spell kit. With all of that in mind, we felt that it wasn’t befitting a mythic to need to fight through two different mage towers in order to enable the dragon’s full spell kit, so changing Delight in Destruction’s spell color means the dragon has to jump through less hoops to start healing and restoring rage.
What do you think about the upcoming Danav buffs?
- I’m excited for Danav 2: The Danavening (positive)
- Does Danav have my socks? (neutral)
- Danever gonna get it (negative)