Darkmire - Week 3 - Breeding (+ Assault, Limited Time Branch)

My apologies for the delay; I’m just coming off of a one-week forum suspension for which I believe there may have been a misbelief, but here is your update for the week that I had sitting in forum format in my Notes app!

Credit, News, & Questions

Credit:

• Credit for this poster goes to FishKA13 of the Creators Faction.

News:

• The Champion Rider Branch will be released alongside this event.

Questions:

• If a person has an accident and is no longer able to contribute to society, has their value as a person decreased, increased, or stayed the same?

• Which dragons, if any, will you be breeding this event?

My answers:

• Substance is substance, no matter which form it takes.

When a tree loses its leaves in the fall and winter months, is it still a tree, and is it still important in its environment? If you’re bringing a bowl of water to your dog and you trip, would the water become vapid, or would your dog just lap up the water directly from the floor and still get the same hydration effect from it?

A loss of something in an object or a person doesn’t diminish the position that the object or person assumes, so after any theoretical accident, a person would still maintain what they once had. They would typically stay the same as they were before, although in some cases, their value may falter or increase.

• I will be finishing Lumestry this event, ready to transition into Artisan tier next breeding; I’m still behind due to my deliberately quick leveling rate, but I’m slowly closing the gap.

Edit: Also, I would like to refer you to the artwork that is Ghost’s update thread.

Edited to add footnote: Trading Post has been postponed

14 Likes

Depends on the definition of “contributing to society.”

With mine, he/she would indeed have less value as a citizen. But not as a person.

3 Likes

I would say that a person’s value comes from their choice of actions, not their ability to perform those actions. Being disabled doesnt decrease a person’s value as a human being. Being a racist piece of garbage, a misogynist or a sex offender however does.

Im gonna flip a coin between Solarius and Novarrion. Then some artisan eggs for research.

2 Likes

To “society”, their value has decreased, but as a person, to the people who love them, their value has not decreased.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

12 Likes

I’m glad that u are back :joy::partying_face:

2 Likes

the tic tac toe board made me lose it :joy::rofl:

1 Like

9 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

PG confirmed we are getting assault this week? I saw the ingame mail but you never know. Also they said there were 114 bases to fight for so there should be 19 tiers unlike your picture. But you never know :joy:

2 Likes

I hope. Got actually excited for this week, love assault! :star_struck:

1 Like

If it’s really 19, I’ll fix it :joy: but I can’t say anything yet)

3 Likes

iirc last time they said they were going to add a new tier of bases each time Assault is run. It would have been nice though if it wasn’t being run again at the start of the new atlas season. But hey, I’ll take more free chests.

I do wish they would add chisels into the prizes though. Remove the cannon resists or the xp boosts and add in some chisels to the prizes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. I guess I have learnt not to trust PG announcements until they are deployed in game

2 Likes

That’s pretty wise, PG has always had problems with follow through. They’re all about making promises but rarely deliver
#eVeRyThInG_iS_sUbJeCt_To_ChAnGe

5 Likes

Depends if you’re talking about permanently or temporarily. Their contribution to society has decreased so I suppose their “value” to society has also decreased (either temporarily or permanently). However, their intrinsic value as a human remains the same.

Verdant start to finish except Sylvix probably.

1 Like

A question about assault: If you don’t have a dragon for a tier (you aren’t at that tier yet), can you still do that tier with a dragon from the tier below?

Yes, you can.

2 Likes

Yes, assault bases allow you to use dragons of that tier or the tier below it. So if you dont have artisan dragons you could still hit the artisan bases with arcanum dragons

3 Likes