Daylight savings and PVP events

I had a quick question that I just thought of. Since daylight savings is ending tonight, gaining us an “extra hour,” how will this affect the Fight Pits event? When it comes time for the time change, are we going to have a round that is an extra hour long? Or are all the rounds going to remain the same (5 hours and 45 minutes of actual fight time)? I’d like to know because if it is the second option, all of the expected start/end times for the remainder of the event will be changing from what they have been so far. Since I’m on Pacific Time, I’m used to rounds starting/ending at Midnight, 6 am, Noon, and 6 pm. Would the times shift for the rest of the event to 11 am, 5 pm, 11 pm, 5 am etc?

@PGJared @Arelyna

I think the game goes off Unix? time, which never changes…

ALmost all games even if based in a place that has daylight savings go off of their own internal game clock anyway. I dont know of a single game that actually changes anything because dst

I live on the east coast of the USA, I know last year when on EST wars started at 7 pm and jumped to 8 pm with EDT. I’m assuming they’ll now again be at 7 pm EST. Am I correct @PGJared?

Well I took a look at time left in the rounds and it did shift the ending time of each round. Loads of fun that. So much for having any time to participate in the final round when I get home from work on Monday :woman_facepalming:t2:

Event clock says 25 hrs. Only 4 rounds left. What happens for the other hour?

lol I guess that’s the extra hour that we “gained” when the time changed but I have no idea where that extra hour fits in to the rounds that are left. I think it would have worked out better if we’d had fort over this weekened :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.