Defending bases should be rewarded more, Buffed shrine dragon?

Defending bases Should be rewarded more than just 3 rubies , and a shrine dragon thats completely useless.
A buffed shrine dragon with some white spells and actual better utility in each tier would be awesome
It would be really nice if PG increases rewards for winning wars, than just a few egg tokens , lots of hammers would be nice too, since we are talking about defending here .
Just ranting. I know now PG wont listen.

16 Likes

Been said a thousand times, I believe they tried to change Ryun but it messed up the game. He doesn’t need white spells, but he should at the very least progress with you past level 63 or wherever it stops growing. Rewards def should be Improved though.

3 Likes

Rewards for defending are very easy to take advantage of and defending yourself would be used to produce consumables by farming!
Yep sadly players would abuse this so it can’t be implemented easily :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Change it from like 1-3 rubies to like 10 or something. If you are willing to take advantage of that, you got problems

4 Likes

There are those who will and yes I’m assuming they have issues lol

4 Likes

Just like how you get lesser medals for farming bases often, you get lesser of the good rewards for defense farming (?)

4 Likes

Some people still get 3 rubies? It stopped giving me those a long time ago.

3 Likes

As long as it’s reasonable I don’t see the issue with having better rewards. It still costs food and healing pots, and time, to do it. 10 rubies a run. It still takes 100 runs to make a gold chest. That doesnt seem unfair. Hell 20 might be nice with a rare possible bonus.

1 Like

The reward is dropping dragons and save my teammates troops :hugs:

5 Likes

Thats in atlas, i meant normal ingame defense.
Buff that shrine dragon, to make it useful for each tier or change that spell set. Make it a good dragon, so players would want to defend the normal attacks too (?)
anything is better than 1000 medals and 3 rubies for defending
Atlas defending gives you glory too, horrible glory most of the times ( not referring to end game teams atlas battles but the rest of the smaller teams ) but still glory.

2 Likes

It’s satisfying to drop a dragon for sure but increasing rewards for active defense will be abused aggressively and is not really a viable option to increase rewards for defenders.

Sadly it will be used to farm consumables and that abuse will further degrade our games economy!
Historically anytime pg has touched ryuu it has caused big problems and has something to do with the original code used to create him so making changes there is not really an option either. :man_facepalming:

It’s this lack of properly rewarding activity that has made standard
defense non viable.
This creates an environment that makes learning how to defend properly for newer players a challenging and expensive skill to practice .
Defending is a unrewarded non sustainable and under acknowledged aspect
of the game that has long needed adjusting!
Pg needs to encourage learning and properly reward using the defense aspect of this game!
Another example of ignored balance!

Would be nice to see active defense stats displayed for each player !

#Successful defense’s
#Dragons killed
#hammers used
#shields used
#Swords used
This would also be helpful for leadership as a way to evaluate potential players for overall activity and participation in that area :sunglasses:

Would you defend for core elite time?
Pg adds elite status time to your account per dragon dropped.

Would you defend for access to base skins?
20 dragons allows you to change the color of your roof 1000 earns you a cool base skin that shows your an active defender!

Would you defend for diversity?
Each season they supply a portrait that can be won by defending
This would support their diversity initiative as well.

Sorry for the long post wanted to touch on a few aspects of the need to reward and track defensive activity!

1 Like

Well i dont defend any green banners cause thats a waste of ressources. Even better rewards wont change that fact.

Could pg make GREEN banners come with a set amount of consumables? :thinking:

Let’s say 5 hammers and 5 shields and 5 swords after those are used the player can continue defend using their own consumables!
And if some of my above examples were used to reward defending without increasing the direct consumables given it would not be something that would be exploitable.
It might encourage defending while reducing the impact on our consumables that are desperately needed in war and atlas because currently yes a green banner is not worth the time and is actually unprofitable to join :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I like that idea, thats about the minimum you need for defending a base. @MALIK

1 Like

Exactly and when it’s important to def the player can go beyond the initial 5 and use more if they deem necessary :sunglasses::facepunch:
I think this will allow new players to learn the art of defending and promote defensive play at high levels by offering rewards that don’t directly effect play but are highly sought after!

Can we say a chunk dragon defense avatar portrait ?
because all I want for Christmas is a hippopotamus :man_shrugging: Lmao :hippopotamus:

Or how about freeing up player base cash to allow more of us to buy atlas elite
Pg can do this by allowing core elite status to be earned by defending !
Or a cool base skins to show your an active defender and reward activity and participation without impacting the economy :+1:

2 Likes

It’s not freeing up player base cash - more like recirculating it in a different way.

2 Likes

Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking and that’s a step towards proper balanced monetization and will allow for more competitive play on the map so yes it is more like recirculating it that’s a better way to describe it ! THX :sunglasses:
I think this could encourage more play styles to utilize elite status and promote spending on the map and hopefully a step towards balancing monetization.

2 Likes

I love what you wrote! Yes even if rss isn’t given, any other reward or portrait would be awesome too.
Defending bases is a skill too ,cant say its the same as attacking , but it should be given more value in gameplay

1 Like

I think everyone would agree that defense should be more encouraging people just don’t defend especially green tags and a Weak dragon you get don’t help much it’s a big waist of rss they should do more with defending in this game

3 Likes

@PGGalileo can we atleast get a cool portrait based on the number of dragons we have killed while defending ? Atlas or normal attacks
? Or anything more than 3 rubies ?