Defense Chat - a beneficial option?

Just a suggestion/idea: … what do you think about having the defense chat option after joining an attack to defend? This is similar to the chat option when joining an attack with teammates. I think the option would be beneficial to communicate with teammates at times.

3 Likes

I’ve thought of this before but only concern would be lag (mine is already terrible). I don’t often have times where I’d want this unless I’d want to say “wtf are you doing” or say “quit and go defend other attacks” or something. But there have been times where this would have been nice.

Not to go off topic but I wonder how necessary it is for the chat in the attacker’s screen to constantly update every single hammer that is being dropped and other defense weapons (makes chat useless). Sorry didn’t mean to derail.

8 Likes

it could just update a count instead of scrolling… That would be beneficial I think. Right now, saying anything in combat chat is likely to scroll off before it’s even noticed.

2 Likes

Here’s a funny story…one of my officers who shall remain nameless, thought people were typing Powered etc into the chat :joy:

12 Likes

… I do this.

2 Likes

Occasionally I’d like to write what a stupid base or laugh at their dragons. So that would be nice.

3 Likes

Would be great as it allows defence coordination. I’d use it to direct defenders on what to do, say drop hammers I’m out, or drop shields and I’ll do swords or reinforce back of base etc.

2 Likes

Yeah, or in my case a lot of “stop wasting hammers we’re already fucked” or “stop wasting hammers we already won”

8 Likes

Same. Sometimes, my leader and I will laugh about their dragon selection or how bad the base was after we defended it. Normally we don’t make fun of the player, but we try to strengthen their base afterward (providing we can remember their name). It’s still fun that we have either in our line chats or through chat in game.

I like to laugh at the follower who accidentally sends out Ryuu during a war run :joy:

5 Likes

I had a follower throw out a blue after tier watching my Dark Flax take out a gold Kinnarus. I died laughing.

I mainly laugh if they send a sorc or warrior, then more after the first ones die… :joy:

@CheekyGrinch The “powered” etc. could be setup a little differently. Rather than forcibly in the chat, it could be temporarily shown or as a fade away on screen. The “powered” doesn’t help me except if I’m attacking alone otherwise it gets in the way.

1 Like

Use a voice call…chatting while spamming boosts and supershots is impossible lol.

This kind of chat would be more beneficial for telling people what to do during defense on practice runs…especially those that have an alt…they can just attack tell peopl to defend and then tell them what to do

1 Like

Beneficial in a way to avoid excess spam of shields and swords. Hammers are okay they stack, but sword and shield buffs no. But chat seems to be overdoing it a lil bit, maybe an emoticon or tappable icon to signal that hey im going to use sword u go for the shield will be enough.

1 Like

I’d like to talk to the defenders when I’m attacking and vice versa. things like
“have mercy please” or
“take that hot shot” or
“why do you have so many ballistas??” Or
“why oh why does this base suck” or
“thanks for the rss sucka” or
“well that was embarrassing…”

6 Likes

I like that last one lmao :joy:

1 Like

They should allow quick response buttons that you can customise

1 Like

:joy: I’d be like “look at me.” “look here” “distraction…”