With the new tier out, I thought it would be interesting to have a look at the state of breeding, and how much has been done to help people catch up. I hear a lot about how PG should do more to help people catch up, and for a long time that was a real concern, but they have made a lot of effort towards that with recent discounts that I don’t think everyone is fully aware of.
Based on Red’s Best it currently takes about 7 million breeding tokens to complete all breeding. I looked at where each million of tokens gets you, and you’ll see that the earlier tiers are relatively really fast now.
- 1 million tokens - finished vanguard (tier 13), two empyrean dragons bred
- 2 million tokens - finished abyssal (tier 15)
- 3 million tokens - finished eldritch (tier 16)
- 4 million tokens - finished verdant (tier 17)
- 5 million tokens - finished legendary arcanum (tier 18), no mythic yet
- 6 million tokens - bred one artisan dragon (tier 19)
- 7 million tokens - finished artisan
I think most people will agree that once you are at end tier, it’s fairly doable to keep up, so at that point getting ~3m tokens a year (which is wat keeping up requires) is not a big issue. Of course that’s a bit harder at level 50, but it does show that it’s not a 5 year job anymore to reach end tier, and the middle of Verdant tier (n-2) is actually the half-way point now.
Can things be even better? I’m sure they can, but compared to only a year ago huge strides have been made here.