Dragon Ball Super

Watched the ending the day it was released. And sad to see the series come to an end.

ULTRA INSTINCT!

I agree it was a fun ride. It is hard to say if it will return or not. Any of the minor Easter eggs at the end could simply have been just gearing it towards the movies coming out at the end of the year.

1 Like

its not over its taking a 1 year hiatus for the movie

They have to give the creators a break to think of how they will top that…lol.

Likely scenario but definitely not confirmed.

Movie. December. So, less than a year.

I am aware of this after the ending. This gives hopes for another exciting a must watch, but nothing no movie can be compared a very good series. Maybe dbz aint the best anime , but I will remain loyal and forever grateful as it has been my childhood anime

I don’t know if you read the article, but it’s not a standalone movie. It introduces the next arc of the anime.

Potential Spoilers…

“The Dragon Ball Super movie this time will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV. It will be an episode after catching our breath from the climax of the Tournament of Power with the universe’s existence on the line; with content that will give a little better understanding about Freeza and the Saiyans, which I hadn’t properly depicted up till now; and leading to a mighty foe saved for the occasion, which I think has it shaping up to be a really enjoyable story,” Toriyama said (via Kazenshuu).

Ah! That one I didnt know. Good news then!:scream:

Unfortunately that excerpt is only vaguely explaining the movie, but says nothing about continuing the franchise in series format. The verbiage “episode” is more of an idiom for “this is what happens after the events of the TOP”. Now I’m not saying they aren’t planning to continue after the movie, and honestly they should (they just haven’t come out and said it yet). As they have made a ton of money, I think a new or continuation of the series hinges on the success of the movie. Also Hopefully If continued it will be in a better more teenage time slot (ie adult for us DBZ generation peeps lol)

From what I heard DBS, was more successful than they forcasted for. So, they have to rearrange their teams and schedules for the next arc.

“Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is”

The nuanced translation reveals the creator is under the impression that Dragon Ball’s TV anime is ending for the time being, meaning it could return after a bit of planning. This hint was only back up when Toei Company confirmed it was restructuring its divisions to create one that’s devoted to making new Dragon Ball anime. With these resources and support being put into the franchise, it is simply a matter of ‘when’ and not ‘if’ Goku returns to TV. So, here is to hoping fans get an update on the Saiyan’s super comeback soon.

Bolded

Like I said it is likely, just not yet confirmed…I don’t like to count my chickens until they hatch.

Unless we enter an Apocalypse age it will return sometime in the future, long before other on-hold series can be continued. Log Horizon… :cry:

Also depends on the success of the movie, they are taking a little bit of a gamble changing up the animation so drastically. We shall see if it pays off.

I doubt they will go Berserk CG…

Berserk CG?

The new season of Berserk switched art styles to heavily using CGI. And the community didn’t like it. That and there may have been other story related issues…

Mature Disclaimer, if you’re new to the Berserk material.

Oh they’re not bumping it up a notch more playing it back from what we’ve been used to for years. Have you seen the teaser clip?

Teaser for the DBS movie? Yeah, looks way better than what happened to Berserk. I can handle that, lol.

Currently I’m indifferent about it. I prefer the more aggressive and detailed animations. Will have to wait and see more than just a teaser to have a real opinion on it.