DreadFrost - Week 3 - Team Gauntlet (+ Limited Time Branch)

Credit, News, & Questions

Credit:

• Credit for this poster goes to Tami of the Creators Faction.

News:

• The Champion Rider Branch will be released alongside this event. For more information on the selected riders for this season, please visit this post made by Tami.

Questions:

• Could a human program a robot to harbor human emotions?
  • If you had the opportunity to change one thing in or about the world, what would you change?
9 Likes

Woooooh, yeah Gauntlet! The one actual good pvp. Though seriously, the chain island cooldowns needs to be removed. If they did that then this event would be just about perfect

No but they could program it to react in specific ways as if to fake it. Hell, a lot of people already do that with their own emotions

No more humans. We as a species are a virus with endless greed and a need to show we are supperior to both other species and our own.

5 Likes

Could a human program a robot to harbor human emotions?
Simulated emotions, yes.

If you had the opportunity to change one thing in or about the world, what would you change?
For all people to have more empathy towards each other, and have more regard for the world in its entirety. Maybe thats 2 but to me they go hand in hand.

3 Likes

As someone who works in the mental health field, I would say a vast majority of humans do not full understand emotions to even program them into a robot

2 Likes

yeh 2 gauntlet in this season

How are we sure there’s going to be a second Gauntlet?

1 Like

Should be 2 FP, Gauntlet and CC

ez math, 4 type of pvp event, and there is 7 pvp events in this season

1 Like

PG, remove islands cooldowns!

5 Likes

All but PvP :sweat_smile:

Things aren’t set in stone; don’t count your chickens before they hatch!

Just like nearly everything else, the event schedule is subject to change.

There have been times when according to the typical schedule, we should have expected Team Gauntlet or Temple Raid, only to get slapped in the face with an unexpected Fight Pits event. Nothing of any significance anymore, of course, because time has paid its due, but this is just to signify the key takeaway here, which is that things don’t always go the conventional route.

it doesn’t look like we will get slapped with 3rd fp lol

:face_vomiting: Hated it, hate it, will probably hate it. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t see why not. We’re just incredibly complex carbon computers. I think the greatest challenge would be to create desire and motivation to do self initiated tasks. I think once you create a data set robust enough to encompass the most basic of emotions and then allowed for recursive stacking of this data set and others (allowing nuance and complex emotions), and then sufficiently allowed indexing to stimuli and a host of other data sets (which would include things such as survival, altruism, etc, all of which would be tedious sets to create,) I think you could start to host the cognitive mosaic that we take so much pride in. Self motivation or desire, and the ability to perform self-initiated abstract cognition, would hopefully lead to some self-designated value system. I used to think AI robots would fail to match our emotional and cognitive complexity because they lack desire and abstraction for any kind of values system and so judgements like “humans are a disease” and some human annihilating program would be flippant, and still think the latter is ridiculous. But I think we can imbue such complexity through incredibly robust sets that communicate and feedback at quasi- quantum speeds.

1 Like

It’s hard to be a reductionist about the span of human emotion but I would argue it can ultimately be distilled and boiled down to base operations compounding on one another to some end, and that got carried away in evolution and socialization

1 Like

For example, you could create several programs that all feedback and influence one another with each program containing specifics sets and reactions, you could name one the hypothalamus and another the amygdala, and then have these communicating on a complex network (a neutal network if you will) :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

PG: We can make this happen :fire: :skull: :fire:

Okay I take back the human annihilating thing. Fear would be the easiest emotion to program. Teach a program that existence is the prime directive, it’ll probably learn self preservation, and form a value system off that. As a thought experiment, the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey comes to mind. Hal, the spaceship AI merely doesn’t want to be turned off. So it attempts to kill its inhabitants. Also I guess a robot could come to the subjective conclusion humans are a disease if it regurgitated half the Google searches it was composed of and it would be just as original or inherent of a thought to itself as it is for anybody else who just copies what they read on the internet so never mind :man_shrugging:t2:

It may not be traditional coding they use, however. If they use neural nets, you “teach” the computer by training it, i.e., show it a thousand pictures of face expressing disgust, it will very likely be able to recognize “disgust”. As computing power increases, they may get quite good at recognizing emotions. Implementing the responses I would imagine is the trickier part.

People are definitely working on it:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what happened in Age of Ultron