Edit all ("Let it go" forum mod parody)

I was casually binge-watching my Disney soundtrack list on You-know-what-app-Tube (roast me gently until I’m crispy) while making Dragon crafts - and don’t ask me how or why but I had a spark of inspiration for a parody listening to Let it go (of all songs :woman_facepalming:… I apologize, but deny all responsibility if you get an earworm later) and decided to fly with it.

That’s your last chance to get out of the thread before it begins…

Oh? Still here? Ok then here we go!

Tap here to reveal the parody

Trolls go wild on the forum tonight
Not a respite to be seen
They need some moderation
But it looks like… it’s a scheme!
My wings are spreading as I’m roaring on inside
(I am not thick-skinned even though I try)

Don’t let them in, just let them seethe
Be the good mod you always have to be
You know your spiel, you know they know…
Well… NOW they know!

Edit all! Edit all!
Can’t answer back anymore!
Edit all! Edit all!
Close the thread, fix the typos!
I don’t care what they’re going to say
Let them all rage on…
Trolls never bothered me anyway

It’s funny how some comments
Make everything go South
And the threats that trolls throw at me
Can’t get to me at all!

It’s time to see what I can do
They test my limits and… they’re through!
I’m right, they’re wrong, them rules, you see?
They’re angry!

Edit all! Edit all!
They rant cause they found a sca-am!
Edit all! Edit all!
I’m amused to see them try
How am I to make them understand!
Yet the trolls rage on…

Mod powers rushes to the thread, they are spellbound
My role is herding these kittens, easier said than done!
And one soon realizes they’re going to get flagged!
They’re never going back, they’re roasting in the PAN!

Edit all! Edit all!
Need to mention the call-outs!
Edit all! Edit all!
That perfect j*rk is gone!
How am I to make them behave?
Let them all rage on…
Trolls never bothered me anyway.

Let me know what you think about it!

Disclaimer : remember that this should not be taken to the first degree though there’s a bit of truth which should be quite obvious to whoever has been following the forum for more than a month :sweat_smile: I hope most of the regular members will see it as the joke it is.

Again I decline all responsibility! :joy:

I take my role as a mod pretty seriously :face_with_monocle:

15 Likes

Very nice! I take my role as a troll very seriously. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

This is awesome! One of my favorite lines "They’re never going back, they’re roasting in the PAN!"

2 Likes

Mine is “My role is herding these kittens, easier said than done!” :laughing:

I’m a cat person, early July my cat got 3 kittens who are now 6 weeks old, they are so small still but extremely active already, so I definitely understand how difficult - impossible - it is to “herd” them :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Alright, let’s rephrase shall we?

Even though this parody is funny and all, would it not be better to give the message of compassion or kindness instead of fury? Something along the lines of let it go I did my best and move on forward type stuff?

Secondly, I might or might not be a part of this lyrics meaning (as everyone loves calling me a troll, when I ain’t), but I would like to stick my hand out to shake on a better future? Sticking with the Disney theme “Best of Friends” from Fox and the Hound as reference?

Ffs… it’s a parody. Meant to be funny. Not about you or anyone specific (I’m nearly 100% sure of that). Enjoy it or not, but don’t read too much into it.

3 Likes

I can’t even believe that you tried to taint my parody with your passive aggressive insinuations. Let’s make this clear: I didn’t even calculate you writing this. I didn’t command my inspiration it came to me like a lightning bolt. If you want to make happy lollipop parodies you are free to do so. I have a mischievous sense of humour. I was only illustrating the daily job of a moderator in a forum regularly subjected to drama.

You chose to take it personally for perceived slights that are not. Take a step back and please try not to be so paranoid. Not everything revolves around you.

If you request it, I can explain in detail the parody through pm, so you are certain I’m not talking about you, but you should not assume things.

Btw I don’t take parody requests, I can’t force inspiration. I had an idea about another but after this I might probably leave it as a one-off.

Kinda ironic that this thread is turning into what it is eh? :rofl::rofl:

Can the next one be about mechanized kittens from the planet Rulith?

5 Likes

The light-hearted tone of this thread is gone. Closing this, thanks for passing by.