Equestor Thunderbolt/chain lightning bug

@PgJared @PgCrisis
There is a bug with chain lightning gained through extract essence. You are unable to cost thunderbolt until you use the chain lightning spell gained through extract essence. This is highly detrimental to EQs performance and so far the only issue I’ve noticed is with chain lightning.

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned before if true

2 Likes

It was actually, but in another language.

3 Likes

Touche, I’ll amend my sentence to reflect this more accurately. I’m surprised this hasn’t been a colossal outrage

In English too

2 Likes

Well then. Thanks, had no idea.

2 Likes

the Extract Essence is similar to Steal Essence. Once you have a spell that have the same class from tower (i.e Thunderbolt/Lightning, Earthquake/Freeze), it will prevent you from casting the other spell
This can even be seen in Deci or any dragons with EE/SE and consumable Lightning/Freeze spell

Yep not a bug, has always worked like this for shared mechanics.

Just like you cant equip invincibility consumable on a dragon with northern lights. Or freeze on one with earthquake etc

3 Likes

Understandable with the consumables, but to put somewhat incompatible spells on a season dragon was a bad move. Need your Thunderbolt to help take down that red mage tower? Oops…

Edit: I might be slightly biased from thinking an essence spell doesn’t belong on a sorceror.

3 Likes

But technically those are two different spells, right? I mean, after all, the same runes won’t work on them. :wink:
So why should they cancel each other out?
@PGCrisis, we really need to get this fixed.

3 Likes

Think like this, PG has different categories for spells, and each category has different subset of spells in them. and all the spells in the same category cant be used all together (i.e. one will gray out if the other one is equipped/acquired)
Like in the case of freeze/earthquake, PG might put it in the same category as freeze spell (or whatever description they use to describe this spell). So if you have both freeze and earthquake on the dragon, you can use the consumable/acquired spell first, then real spell of the dragon

Not meaning to sound glib but that’s one of the downsides to extract/steal essence on a sorcerer. You get the spell you get if not careful. Try tapping the tower you really want to extract from rather than swiping. Bit more control of what you get for a spell. Not a glitch

1 Like

But the summon ahead is already hitting towers following his priority targets, so we hardly have control. Just saying without experience, I don’t have Equestor…

1 Like

Last tower destroyed by dragon

Oh. This is how it works. Well thanks @Sparky4FD I feel smarter :blush:

1 Like

This needs to be treated as a bug. It can kill your dragon if you get a chain lighting and then run into a killer island. Red mage prevents firing the chain lighting and white lighting is disabled - dragon becomes defenseless.

Note: Sorry to reopen this old thread but I was about to create a new one after the above circumstance happened to me, and found this one. PG never did give a satisfactory answer.

1 Like

Except you dont get to think when taking spells since you get the spells by firing the white lighting, so the extract is basically random (as has been mentioned in a bazillion previous posts about Equestor)

1 Like

Lots of things can kill a dragon. Including tower setup. If i steal lightning by accident (which doesnt happen often) i make sure to get rid of it fast

2 Likes

So do I. Luckily Equestor gains rage super fast, and using the red first than the white right after that makes it fun! Even when I get it on a small island, when I approach the next long, the astral dragonling destroys the red tower (I help with a swipe attack), then red and white. Voila! The entire island is smoking…

That’s how the spells work, not a bug…

2 Likes