Event advantage because of rounds!

Hello Community.
@PGJared

As you all know there are many timezones and a round of a pvp event a day or 6 hour per round.
If there is a unbalance in the number of rounds, one timezone will have a great advantage compared to other ones.

Now this Fight Pits event has 17 rounds… 4 rounds make 24 hours… that +1 round over 16 is a huge advanatge for teams where there the active playtime is…
This should not be… it should be a balanced fair threatment.

Now see the advantage is by the US players… as often…
I am sure nobody want make it unfair… so i tell you PG, please look over these things…

Events never start for us at good times… just once at 15pm european time i remember … but normally during sleeptime or late night.
Please fix this, make things fair…

Greetings
EmrahT

In an ideal world life would be fair…

But there is no such. As the planet is a sphere, and there are 24 time zones, there is no possible way to find a solution for your problem. One way or another players of certain time zones will be favoured, while the rest… will mostly like have a rest. From the game at least.

I think the only way to make this event a bit more fair would be to have even more rounds, except that would totally mess up the prize tiers since energy costs reset so often. There’s not a great solution to the fact that this is a global game :woman_shrugging:

Edit: and by more rounds I mean have each round last for a shorter amount of time. Like a new round every 4 hours instead of 6.

Did you understood the main issue ?

Let me say it this way… 4 rounds = 24h… fair… 5 rounds = 30h wouldnt fair… one specific timezone would have 2 times of active full potential gameplay.

That is the issue — balance
This event is unbalanced from the start!

For us european it starts being important when we sleep… so no real chance to handle…
And it ends again at this final round time… That is what unbalance brought us here…

Just wanted say it that it will be made better next times.
This one has 17 rounds… but with 16 it would be better balanced.

Even if it is 4 hours per round… then 6 rounds fill a day… its ok as long 5 days fill 30 rounds…

But if you say its 32 rounds… Then there is it not balanced… that would mean 5 days + 8 hours… Now the countries which are there most active get the best of it .

I think in the past they’ve used round 17 to only count for personal points, not for team points, so that’s something at least :woman_shrugging:

Since the game is global there really isn’t a good way for the timing of events. If they make them start earlier then the balance tips to being an advantage for other parts of the world. About the only way that I have seen to combat this imbalance is to build a multi-national team so that there is always someone on. This also factors into wars as well since they are set start and end times for them. If you are on a team that is mostly European then recruit some US based players to help balance it out some.

While its about teamrang aswell, this make it not good for those

Its not about timinig… its about a balanced time…

Lets say you have 4 countries… each play at one 6 hour part.
Now if it s 4 rounds… all have same chances…

But if you add a 5th round… the one who had to finish first… get a second chance to make it better…
You understand the problem here… its not timezone … its roundnumber

Since everyone can play all the rounds I don’t see how the number is making it unfair. Everyone has the same opportunity to attack in every single round. You just have to decide what’s more important - sleep/work vs playing a game. I know alot of people set alarms for the end of each round d so they can get in some attacks before it ends. Life is full or choices.

@PGJared @pgEcho @PGEggToken

I want specially say you this…

Important startround is when european players sleep… 3am … The last round ends at 3am because of a unbalance of that rounds…

THE active PLAYTIME of european players … server errors from morning to evening … noone can really play… get beaten a day long by all… ( ok not your mistake , but the compensation wasnt well thought )

And now tell me … shouldnt you fix at least where you are able to…
If many european teams got worse prizes… its because of these things… and that you have to take at table for discussion.

you really dont understood the issue … maybe my english is that bad that even this easy example hadnt work…
i am sorry i couldnt make it clear …

Just this : ITS UNbalanced… if they balance it … people still can decide how and when… but then one counry dont have 1 timeline advantage before all others…

I cant describe this problem better… just unbalanced after your comment.

I understand the issue. You don’t like the timing of the rounds. Well there are plenty of rounds that I do not participate in because I’m sleeping while all of Europe is hammering my base. Like I said life is full of choices. You have to choose if it’s worth losing sleep to join rounds that happen in the middle of the night for you just the same as I have to choose.

Its not the timing. Again its not the timing… i dont care if it is 1 am 5 am 7 am 4 pm or what ever…

As long a day is balanced …
Again the example and think with …

Imagine 4 countries… every one just play at there 6 our timeline… and so they all fill with 4 rounds a day…
per day everyone get there round.

If someone add a 5th round at the game… the team which had points made at first… get a "better " chance for more. But 5 round arent a day…

It is a day + 1 round… so it is unbalanced…
Just a day was balanced… or next would be 2 days 3 days, there teams have equal chances.

Hope now you got what i meant !

Well if you are hung up on the number of rounds being odd number instead of even number, Liz pointed out above that the 17th round is strictly for personal points and not applied to the team ranking. So it’s 16 rounds applied towards team ranking.

Honestly, i don’t think that it gives the americas much of an advantage. This last round is from 1:00pm til 7:00pm in my time zone and i’m working until 6:00 then i drive home so :man_shrugging:

I really understand what you are trying to say, but the set up for the last round might even be the more important round so you can plan to get to the top of the ladder at the very end for most points.

If that would be the case, i would say its fair and ok…

Now see what german rules says…

" Die entgültige Punktzahl des Teams is die Summe der in 17 Runden erhaltenen SP"
Means … the final points of teams is the addition of the 17 rounds included SP…

Sorry if that confused me… soif that is unbalanced… i want fixing…
if it is as you assumed… its ok…

Either way you can attack and earn points for 17 rounds just the same as everyone else. US based players do not have this huge advantage that alot of people seem to think exists. If so then I must have missed the US only Atlas…

Well i know it wont be that easy for everyone… maybe some have not the time at there evening… but you see my point at least … and during this event many as me disliked it.

We cant start well because we sleep… because of unbalanced round we cant end good… and the day where we wanted play… servers was down for us … ^^ until the nightround came.

But i still hope for a fair threatment…
If it is not as german rules said… that only 16 count … its for sure ok …

Your English is good enough to be able to understand what you meant
And im agree.
It’s really better to balance rounds number to make it fair