Link to current event prizing doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ltmr6uhTKszIYeW6ozsVGH60Gd_m0uTekfjf0lEhwYQ/edit?usp=sharing
First, thanks to everyone that gave valuable feedback to the team in the Official Discussion Thread. After answering and calling for more feedback well into the wee hours of the morning, I was pleased to wake up to find that you all were passionately and thoughtfully making your case.
We had a meeting this morning to discuss the proposed changes in the blog post, and we used your feedback to help inform and guide our discussion.The team loves the concept of making event prize progression more fun, however, we want to give more time to make sure we get the implementation right. We DO want people to be excited to hit Milestones in the event prizing structure, but we also don’t want folks to feel like we’re taking things away.
Here’s what we’re doing - starting with this week’s Gauntlet
- We’re reverting to the previous structure and also adding milestones: the final structure can only give you more rewards
- Instead of having 33 prizes, we’re having 30 - All other pre-existing prizes will mostly stay the same with the chance that some prize tiers will be better because we are taking prizes from the 3 levels we’re getting rid of and stuffing them into 30 levels
- Rounding prize thresholds down where needed so that no prizes will be more difficult to achieve
- Milestone prizes will still exist, however, we are simply adding them on - that means nothing is being taken away, and we are just making those Milestone levels juicier
- This is happening for Gauntlet and we’ll be making similar changes for our other events
We will be linking to a parameters document (hopefully) before we actively start answering AMA questions on this topic (we’ll start answering @ 3pm PT) so that everyone will have a chance to mull it over, so you can ask informed questions!