Fight Pits Changes Official Discussion Thread

Please discuss and ask questions regarding the upcoming updates and improvements coming to Fight Pits this week!

1 Like

sounds interesting but where is the mega coin fix

3 Likes

Nice try. Looks like you just spit-shined a turd though.

Megacoins will still be a major issue. I still don’t see anything to motivate me to attack earlier than the last 30 minutes of each round.

4 Likes

Utilize pit bonus to get major lead first? Drawback is 1 v 1 this strategy works sometimes, but if pits turn into 1 v 6 or so no matter how far your lead if multiple are attacking you, you’ll drop fast.

Edit:

Thanks @Morreion

1 Like

lmao ok thanks I think I am old enough in game to know this event mechanics , but thanks though

2 Likes

The bonus points are protected though, so that will help build a buffer even if you get hammered. Ultimately 6v1 is going to be tough no matter how you turn it.

2 Likes

Megaquit feels like the issue to me. I suspect megacoins are simply not going away, ever.

“The Pit Bonus will not apply to Mega Attacks. That means, the earlier you participate during a round, the more Pit Bonus VP you can earn for your team!”

1 Like

Most likely not. Guess its another week of “hit the team minimum and take the rest of the week off”. :-1:

1 Like

@Arelyna What are the qualifiers to keep the bonus from depleting? 1 attack by 1 person every 30 minutes or more? Can the multi attacks in the last 30 minutes count to bring the bonus back to full or does there have to be attacks every 30 minutes to keep it maxed?

Sigh.

a1ead9fd3e06cfb66de2a9381c721908--student-work-gifs

Players clearly outlined some very straightforward ways to fix the major issues with Fight Pits.

Rather than implementing any of those options, you came up with:

A) Unasked-for UI changes, which will, based on previous examples, absolutely be buggy and cause problems.

B) Minimum payouts, to work on the “teams getting zero points” issue and the “teams sandbagging in lower pits” issue.

C) A bonus meter, to ensure that even more mega coins will be spent in the last half hour to compensate for the bonus payout.

11 Likes

Don’t think you can stop the degradation. It’s meant to get players attacking earlier in the round instead of the last 30 minutes like people are talking.

Wouldn’t this about make it better to drop the energy not on megas in the first 30-60 minutes? In case of coliseum it’s half the effort to get points vs last 30 minutes.

I reread the part about Pit Bonus about 5 times and still don’t get it. Could you provide and example with particular numbers? Too many questions…

From the sound of it it’s not a bonus meter style. It is just a decrease over time of the bonus points so that waiting until closer to round end means you’re getting fewer bonus points

2 Likes

I am curious to know how did Sandbagging affected this event more than mega coins , my team has always scored 3-1 in this event but I am curious to know what happened in basic pit :thinking: what did these teams win by doing that or be an obstacle for other teams ?

1 Like

This event needed improving, so I’m willing to see it through. Didn’t know anything about the sandbagging.
However, I don’t trust PG to do this in a way that won’t cause huge disruptions.

1 Like

That is why I am asking. That was a key bout of information left out.

My question is how much did this change the achievement benchmarks… make it easier by not changing… or harder by saying everyone plays like the elites?

1 Like

I really feel so sorry for this PG staff. They do nothing right. All they do is try to destroy the game. Geez. Is unbelievable

FIX THE MEGAQUITS
FIX THE MEGAQUITS
FIX THE MEGAQUITS
FIX THE MEGAQUITS
FIX THE MEGAQUITS

We don’t need anything else.
Fix the god damn megaquits.

And again the Gameplay faction members where consulted on this. Why PG don’t consult this in public. Damn it is so annoying. Why do they think the GPF members can speak in our behalf.

This is just going to bring confusion instead of just fixing the megaquits.

3 Likes

Why would achievement benchmarks change?