Fight Pits Launching 11/1/17!

Hey, Dragon Lords! Are you ready to channel your inner gladiator and fight your way to the Coliseum? The newest event will have players clawing their way to the top with 17 rounds of play and fight their way to become the champion!

What is Fight Pits in a nutshell?
Fight Pits has each team working together to go from the Pit all the way to the Coliseum. Teams will face off against the teams in their respective leagues with everyone starting in the Pit. Every team will be able to attack other teams in their Pit and steal points from them, but the same will happen to them as well. Your goal as a team is to get to the Coliseum and remain champion.

What does each Pit look like?

Pit Round Start VIP Points Per Stolen Attack %Teams Promoted % Teams Demoted % Teams Remain
The Coliseum 200,000 115 0% 75% 25%
The Training Grounds 125,000 110 40% 60% 0%
The Keep 75,000 105 50% 50% 0%
The Pit 50,000 100 60% 0% 40%

What are the rules for Fight Pits?

• Teams will battle in four different pits, (Coliseum, Training Grounds, Keep, and Pits) over the course of 17 rounds
    *All teams begin the event in in “The Pit”
    *At the start of a round, teams in the same pit will start with the same Victory Points (VP)
    *Teams in higher pits begin with more VP than lower pits
    *During the round, attack other teams in your pit to steal their VP
    *Each attack in higher pits steals more VP per attack and earns more individual points
    *At the end of a round, teams will move to a new pit based on VP in that round
    *The team’s final score is the total VP gained over the course of 17 rounds
    *Rounds last 6 hours
    *The team with the most VP is the winner of the event

How can I coordinate with my team?
A new Team Objective panel will be available for Officers and Leaders to communicate strategy with their teammates. Any text input is valid in this field. Fellow teammates will be able to view messages inputted here in the Events View. This will make it easier for everyone to remain on the same page about what their strategy will be.

What types of attacks are available for players to use?
Regular Attack - 1 x Individual Points
Super Attack - 4 x Individual Points
Mega Attack - 30 x Individual Points
Inner Fires Optional for additional 1 x Individual Points

Where can I learn more about Fight Pits?
FB Livestream with Arelyna and Dragon Tamer: https://www.facebook.com/WarDragonsGame/videos/1735110123228102/
PoseidonPQ’s video on the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgDu0wry6SM

Any Questions?
If players have any questions about the event, @Pixxel, @Arelyna, and Dragon Tamer will try and answer them as best we can for you guys as we get a chance!

Number of teams promoted in Fit Fight Pits backward?
1st round ended early

Will individual prizes ever scale with league? As it stands a player may dive down into bronze or silver for the weekend, hit level 13s for maximum points and go back to their Sapphire or Diamond team afterwards. Since wars are locked out, there is nothing to keep players where they are except perhaps Atlas access but that’s not a big deal.

My suggestion to stop that from happening was any player who leaves there team once the event island has appeared can Not return for 7 days
This means they can Not jump back and get the high team rewards

I didn’t realize that other than the pits or the coliseum, you either go up or down. There is no staying put.

I sure hope individual event reward tiers been lowered significantly to compensate for the forced demotions back to 100 points per attack.

I thought the purpose of the Mega Coins and the like was to stop tying players to the game for long periods? This ties you to your device for an entire 24 hour period, just to get to the Coliseum, and that is only provided your team actually gets promoted to the next level every round. If you fail to meet the cutoff for ONE round, you get demoted back to the pit before.

Great idea, nice to see a new event, would really like to see the mechanics reworked for MUCH shorter rounds.

There’s 17 rounds. So I think some of the same strategies as Capture the flag can happen. I would go so far as to say you can build. So get out of the Pit would be goal 1. Then chill inthe next one for a Round or two. Then shoot for the next one. You could even think of it as mini war. You have designated players ready to help “defend” which really means insure you maintain. And ride that to the coliseum. This is just a light sketch but I think you could get it to a point that with minimum effort spent in lost leagues, your team can do well. Yes. Sapphire I and up might have to be more aggressive. But that’s how it should be.

There is no chilling. You either go UP or DOWN. You can’t “chill”.

Every six hours, your team either goes up, or gets demoted. Period.

Look at the % teams remain column. No one chills in a pit unless you are at the top or bottom.

Should just rename it the 102 Hour War…

I reckon stay in the pit, chill , pvp.events suck the life out of me anyways…who the hell wants to play non stop for hours grinding.

I’ll probably only miss a mystic striker glyph anyways

Serious question, @Pixxel @Arelyna how often does energy costs refresh? Every round (6 hours) or every 24 hours?

@Pixxel @Arelyna let’s say a team is in “The Pit”, where it says attacks are 100. Is everyone on the opposing teams 100 points, regardless if he/she is lvl 60 or lvl 450?

I think so, since it says points stolen per attack, not defense.

I do wonder if the level multiplier will be included, similar to the other PVPs, where if you attack way below your level, you get less points.

That’s my question. Is everyone worth the same or will there be multipliers?

I’m not sure what you mean by this? I never talked about defending.

You’re takin chill too literally. Or maybe I used the wrong word. If you can maintain a particular pit for several rounds that would use less resources than trying to live up every round. Slow and steady. So if you can have players running defense, and some using energy buys and hoarding energy for several rounds I would think you’d be able to do well. I’m not going into more detail because I’m not interested in giving everyone a handbook

You can’t maintain a pit. You either go up or down. Look at the %s. You cannot remain in the middle Pits.

Exactly. The points are per attack. So they are based upon which pit you are in. Levels don’t matter, unless there is a level multiplier included.

Seems we have a lot of questions, and few, if any, concrete answers, thus far.

Oh shit. I didn’t look at the revised numbers. I’m still thinking it was the original numbers. I’m at work and just popping replies like pills.

Alright. I think you can still essentially do what I’m saying. The exact details aren’t as I said but you could hover in the middle Pits for several rounds potentially and then make the push for the Coliseum at a later time.

@pixxel @Arelyna
Secondary question: can a team rise or fall more than one pit? As it stands right now, it only says:

Does that mean a team in the pits can all of a sudden get to the coliseum in one round? Or is it one pit at a time?
Edit: answered by PQ, only 1 pit at a time.

Honestly…short rounds, mega attacks and multiple teams. Basically they renamed tug of war, possibly the most hated event in the entire game -______-

So its basically CTW with tiered positions and CTF style rounds. Nothing new at all, same energy sucking, mega coin infested crap.