Flaw with “go to incubator” after breeding

Why is it that when you finish breeding a dragon, even one that you specifically auto-breed, it asks you if you would like to “go to incubator”. It then just defaults to the first egg you have in the line-up and arbitrarily starts incubating it. Doesn’t give you an option to select what egg you want by clicking “go to incubator”, just selects an egg that’s been sitting there for weeks that you obviously don’t want and now forces you to waste timers just to get started on the egg you actually need. If I need to level up my base there is nothing that just defaults to upgrading the lowest level tower on my base… I have to go and select a tower to upgrade. So why is there something that just arbitrarily selects what egg I will incubate next? Either allow us to select the egg we want or take away the “go to incubator” button and make us go there manually. Even an option to abandon incubation like we can abandon rider missions would fix the flaw. I’ve spent the last month of my spare time spending rubies and potions to speed up balloon missions just to have PG create a loop-hole to waste my hard work and resources. I did write a ticket on this and was told they would not reverse their shortcoming.

8 Likes

I experienced this just now, so I support this suggestion.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me :frowning: It said “Go to incubator” not incubate a random egg you don’t want :frowning:

1 Like

Dont press it then… been like that for ages

2 Likes

The fact that it has been like that for years doesn’t justify that it can’t be improved.

For example, autobreed feature is like that for years, but people still suggest to implement instabreed to fasten the process.

If you can improve the user experience of the players, why wouldn’t you? Especially the one that resulting bad experience.

2 Likes

So in your opinion everyone should get screwed by it once as a form of hazing for the uneducated?

It shouldn’t be misleading, it should either do what it says and go to the incubator to choose an egg or state what egg will start incubating if you hit it.

4 Likes

If they changed the text to say incubate x egg or actually made it a short cut to take you to the incubator without performing any action that would be more intuitive. I agree it is a pain point the way it is.

4 Likes

TBH it would also be cool to remove eggs from incubator (in the storage of it) eggs ur not gonna incubate anyway

1 Like

Had this happen while back ago, when got Slax as a sidekick…Skipped putting him in Incubator and continued a little longer getting the one actually wanted to incubate right away, pausing for short duration before hitting the “Go To Incubator “, spent the Speed Ups to see had hatched Slax :rage: Contacted Support to see if could be refunded the Speed Ups that had been use to hatch the wrong Pup, and was told basically that I did not hit the button quick enough, and was why it reverted to hatching Slax instead. Asked when a time limit was put in to where you had a limited time to hit button before reverting back like this, and what the time limit was, we ended going back and forth in bit on this, and then was told…Sorry, we can not replace the Speed Ups used :neutral_face: Needless to say, was not happy at all with that conclusion, and is not right either to have it happen, especially when hatching eggs takes around a month or so, and it did screw me in the next Fortification event…Now, when comes up to go to incubator just close the pop up, and go do it manually, as do not trust it to not happen again, and can not afford to lose Speed Ups in this way. Reason why have not touch the Insta-breed button either, am good with the Auto Breed option.

1 Like

Yess, but then again PG could have a surprise “Special” breeding event, like used to in old days, and one or both parents needed could be sitting in your incubator. If they were removed you would not be able to participate.

Unfortunately, sometimes people are on autopilot or otherwise distracted and it happens. I’ve been playing for more than 3 years and definitely know better, but didn’t I hit the button and, seconds later, realized my folly as Modrian (needed for absolutely nothing) was being incubated rather than Marlis. The result was 26+ days of timers flushed down the toilet, as I needed to get Marlis in there to hatch to continue my event. My fault, but a silly mechanic. If anything, it should simply take you to the incubator (which is what the button actually says, rather than “incubate useless egg now”), where you can then decide which egg you want to incubate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.