Game crash every time I open the event screen

I don’t see a bug forum, so I don’t know where to post this.

The game crashes on my tablet when I open the event menu, and then suddenly works when I re-open the game. It crashes again later, though.

Is this happening to anyone else?

1 Like

Hope it might not happen in others case.
always keep your device’s software up to date.
Officially the latest android version is 10.
Make sure your game version is up to date.
to check for an update Go to== Playstore ----->search–>War Dragons—>update(if any)
Better you must be aware of your device RAM capability
Check your network connection,If wifi check your router settings and also keep your router frimware version up to date
Also make some space in your device as war dragons need to download some files essential for event running.
And finally don’t clear cache on your device
Summary: 1. check internet
2. keep device up to date
3. keep game up to date
4. make some space for game(say 3GB min avl in device)
5. check if your device is capable of that game Graphics(it may be ram and software)

Finally,
if the problem continues change in game Graphic levels
for that Go To===(in game) settings----> scroll down----->
level of detail (pop down)------> choose low or medium
restart game!

Hope it helps :hugs: :blush:

Although if same problem continues
Kindly submit a support ticket

2 Likes

I recommend medium - multispots When flying don’t work on anything below medium

1 Like

First, I should be more specific about when it crashes on the event screen: it usually happens when opening chests. It will occasionally crash on just the menu, but mostly it’s when I’m opening chests or about to open chests.

It was just updated last week.

In order to play War Dragons on your Android device, the OS on your device needs to be 4.4+, and the device needs to have support for OpenGL ES 3.0+ version . Your device needs to have a RAM of 1.5GB or higher and a CPU frequency of over 1.5GHz or higher.

I meet all of these requirements. I have 2GB of RAM, my octacore CPU runs at 1.6 GHz, my tablet has the latest Android version, and my game is fully updated. It supports OpenGL ES 3.1 and later. My tablet is more than capable of running War Dragons.

Network is fine. Running smoothly for all other mobile games and mobile connections with no interruptions or problems. War Dragons is the only game I have that constantly crashes. Firmware is always up to date, and I don’t think it would cause this kind of crash.

In fact, I just tested the game on my phone and it seems to be crash-free. My phone runs the game on max graphics and it’s older than my tablet.

I have 6 spare GB on my device.

I changed the graphic settings, but I’ll have to wait and see how it affects the game. Had to charge my tablet.

Well… Android also sucks for the game tbh. The game was originally made for iOS, so Android doesn’t perform as well. (Not helpful, I know, but worth mentioning)

1 Like

That would explain why an Android emulator refuses to run it without crashing, as well, haha.

1 Like

So I get this sometimes on my ipad. Especially after a few event runs. Both the event page alone and opening chests will crash.

There is also a known issue that the Android version seems to have a memory leak. I loaded the game into an emulator once last month and after it crashed I checked the logs, it ran out of memory. Every other time it crashed was the same out of memory error but the system itself was showing plenty of memory left within the emulator. (It doesn’t run well after initial load in an emulator and it always crashes the emulator trying to initiate an attack fyi, so I don’t recommend it.)

In which case, if it crashes a lot, it is best to:

• Force restart your tablet. For the ipad it is hold home and power until after it turns off and back on. Your tablet will be different so find what it is for you. My Samsung phone was something like power, volume up and down at the same time.

On restart:

• Make sure nothing else is running at the same time
  • Force close everything except for system apps
  • Then start War Dragons.

The game was apparently designed for iOS and then ported to Android. It doesn’t run great on Android. My android phone crashed a lot more than my iPad does, which is why I bought the iPad in the first place. These are only temporary measures to keep you playing for a longer period before the issue starts up again.

Another note, shut down your tablet at least once a day. I got a lot better performance when playing on my phone when I did that. You don’t have to leave if off long, maybe a few minutes, but it will help to reset the system. Even computers have to sleep.

4 Likes

@Zamirathe
Thanks for the information. I’ll try those suggestions.

1 Like

I too have had issues. I’m on iOS and since the newest iOS update last week my iPad crashes often now when playing this game. I’ve cleared history, cookies, other apps, websites, lowered graphics. Everything. Still crashes

But I can run all those apps, and play music, or videos, or FaceTime calls, all at same time or recently active, and everything works just fine. Only crashes when playing game.

And all other devices, computers in this house work fine when connected to internet. Few other teammates are saying the same thing too about their devices and game

It has indeed started crashing a lot more since the most recent event began.

My iPad I a 4 and I am getting the black screen when I try to go into event

Thx powering down my iPad worked

In my android , My event screen always lagging and crash some times , hanging every time … , It’s all started from April 2020 , before that event page was good …
April month was even worst , my device got reboot many times when I am in event screen…
But when I use my iphone SE ( older SE ) , this game works great always …

I have similar issue reported, where by event page is too slow in loading, and takes minimum 3 minutes. Ticket is created and team is investigating, this issue is happening only for PVP events for me, did all kinda of trouble shoot

1. logout, delete cache, uninstall, restart, install, login.
  2. Airplane mode - on,off - logout, login.

Just the event page is the problem, wasnt able to Play PVP (Week 2, and current week 4) and also dungeon.

My Broadband speed is minimum 30mbs, I have this issue in my 2 accounts. one on my iphone 6 and another on my Samsung A50s.

similar thing here, since the IOS14 upgrad, mine crash right after in the event result screen, it count the points then just finish it crash to the Applle logo thar you get when doing an upgrade and or a shutdowwn and a restart…

Anyone else have this problem, i tried everything suggested by PG to no success up to now…

1 Like

That’s exactly my problem too. Shuts all the way down to the logo. Know it’s not the router or internet here cuz all other devices are fine.

I have tried all available suggestions. The game still crashes on the event screen-- and only the event screen. Nothing I do prevents it. This isn’t the first time this has happened during an event, and it’ll doubtfully be the last, but it’s a real motivator for quitting the game.

They really need to patch this thing.

hope @PGGalileo can/might solve u r problems
Although i have IPhone 6S 16GIGA there is no problem for me though ios it self takes up 11 GB in whole 16 gb
game just takes around500 MB and no problem for me although my phone always runs out of storage! :face_with_head_bandage: :ok_man: :no_good_man: :no_good_man: :no_good_man: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

Black Screen of Death used to happen only in Atlas. After fixes were applied that intermittently helped lull its frequent occurrence in Atlas BSDs, otherwise known as the anomaly, started afflicting War Dragons Events… doesn’t matter the Event it has plagued WD Events all year.

After trying all fixes suggested as y’all claim to have what you need do is pair up with Support for an in game process review. They can then and only then find the “stuck bits” of data blocking that portion of the game from loading properly. All it takes is a simply push to get the bits or fractions thereof to load if cannot otherwise more effectively be dumped from wherever maybe stuck.

I know after all you’ve tried this seems tediously hopeless, as is, however, having been through it all just like you and so many others I can assure you… tho takes more time and patience than you might wish to give… once you give Support the chance to actually provide one on one LIVE support your troubles will be over… until they return again next Event.

Sorry, if seems grim, if not most certainly glib, this does actually work and support can and will provide the attention to fix it if you just give them the chance… a word of advice… be able to use email on any another device to communicate with Support LIVE while you are online playing WD on your mobile device or emulator [tho if in emulation I’d say just give up since most are slower than the best of any Pocket Gems Servers] Good luck :sunglasses:

1 Like

One last tip for anyone using Apple devices… go to Settings / Accessibility / Motion / Reduce Motion (different on divers devices and iOS iterations) but Turn ON Reduce Motion to improve Game play astronomically… it has no adverse effects to your game, screen refresh, look or appearance while increasing latency and lag issues tremendously… simple but effective!

All the best… GlibCrest