Game idea for breaking the norm

This is more of a suggestion/idea. I was thinking something to change things up and have a slight spin to the game is to make either a season or event where only regular dragons were allowed to be used. Divines would be restricted and not allowed making players to have to strategically pick regular dragons to do the work. Sometimes having so many divine dragons out here makes the others seem worthless and not so important. I know this is a far fetched idea and not one that a large portion of the war dragon community might jump at but it is something to change things up a bit from the normal. Would allow players to showcase their regulars a bit more and see what they can do. Like I said I was just thinking outside the box and wanted to present this idea to PG. Thank you for your time!!

Thanks and have a great day!

6 Likes

:purple_heart:

1 Like

I mean, it would be fun, but it sucks they only made 1-2 good drags per tier. Not to mention that the majority of those dragons are severely outdated (spells like elemental mayhem, reverse projectiles/invert, and out of date resists).

5 Likes

I would very much like to see this. Maybe something where it’s a couple days event that has a leader board reward system, i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3-5th, 6-10th, 11-25th, 26th-50th… 250-500th, etc. You could reward points based on base completion time and damage taken. Then split up the rewards per tier and anyone with that tier of dragon could compete. It would really be the ultimate test of skill in this game and would really be a lot of fun. I don’t see it as a money maker directly, but I think it would really breath a lot of life into the game, causing more people to spend in other areas.

1 Like

Aka Assault but no divines?

4 Likes

Anything to bring back assault (as long as there’s no megacoin).

4 Likes

This.

I’d rather the lineage dragons naturally have more utility than coming up with events to force you to use them.

3 Likes

They could always dial the bases back for the tiers. AKA no turrets until L120 bases, no flaks until L250 bases etc (or whatever the highest tier was available when these new premium towers were available).

Basically be a “Walk through WD History” attacking event.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I ever played assault and if I did, I don’t remember it. Here’s how I would see it: You would get points for time spent on the base (less is more) and points for total damage taken to your dragon (again, less is more). The cumulative score would be your total score.

A base is designed for each dragon tier in the event and geared towards the skills of that tier. So everyone competing in Blue tier would attack the same base and players would compete against individual scores. It would be an event based on individual scores and talent. You would only get 3 attempts to get your best score and that final score would be your score for the event, with an option to purchase more attempts.

I dunno, just thinking out loud. I’m high on cold medicine, maybe it’s a terrible idea. But I do like the idea of using the tiered dragons in an event somehow.

1 Like

85% of my roster is made up of divines. This event sounds like a good idea but for me, I’d do horrible in it. I’d have to rely on lineage dragon only when divines have even more power to than them. This seems pretty exciting as well since players would be using lineage only so I think that this event should added to help players familiarize theirselves with lineage dragons in their roster

1 Like

Didn’t there use to be an event like this where you took your dragons as far as they would go? Can’t remember what it was called, BUT IT WAS FUN!!! Start at red tier and keep going

All about skill and not the wallet.

2 Likes

Very much in favor of something like this!

1 Like

Assault…

1 Like

Assault…

All recent content suggests that PG doesn’t currently have the bandwidth to do a good job of balancing the game at all levels of play. This is an event that would require them to do a good job of balancing the game at all levels of play. :man_shrugging:

I personally would love an event with puzzle-like challenges, but my expectation would be that we’d find a blue tier base that could only be completed by an expert Drude with full legendary Atlas gear.

6 Likes

Sounds like the dragon games event. Where you had to go tier by tier. You could only use each dragon once unless you had miracles to revive them. I like it.

1 Like

We really need Assault back :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Ooh never played that - not old skool enough.

Maybe PG should do a bring old stuff back season…(no I’m not referring to old divines - stop stoning me!). Will be a good nostalgic season!

1 Like

I’d love to see some old events! They sound really unique. :t_rex:

Sadly: No Megacoin, no comeback for old events :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like