(not sure why forum formatting odd)
I would like to make a proposal on garrison functioning.
Vision for garrisons:
- Option for troop tax
- set same as gold tax on poachers, but on troops built by guild
- Called ‘conscription’
- This gets assigned to the “Castle’s garrison”
- aka whomever has their home base at said island, contributes their “troop tax” to the “Castle’s garrison”
The Marshal role is assigned to a player per island.
- Any one player can only be a marshal at a maximum of 2 islands
- Any specific island’s marshal can only be changed once every 24hours, and not while being attacked.
- The troops he gains as “marshal” cannot be used for personal primarchs, gets automatically added to the garrison
- The marshal’s garrison base is the base of the specific marshal
- It has the base defense stats of a Rusher primarch (250 defense); this gets boosted by fort upgrades, and debuffed by siegers
Players that add additional “garrisoned” troops to a bases garrison ends up adding it to the “pooled” garrison. They still belong to said player and can be removed by said player to his own troops.
However, there isn’t 50 different garrisons per island, only 1 big garrison. When the garrison gets hit for 20k, it gets hit for 20k. This is taken from the garrison on an equal split bases: aka 10 ppl owning stuff, 2k from each, if player has less than 2k, maximum is taken, and the balance from the garrison pool
So the sequence would be something like this:
- Island gets attacked
- Present primes defend first, and reinforces from that players garrison only
- Once all primes are dead, the garrison defends
- Both of the above contribute to shields
“Castle garrison” troops are permanently conscripted - they cannot be transferred to a player, nor off that castle. They stand and fall with that castle.
1a) Helps officers and leaders to get team participation without having to police every member
b) gets contributions from everyone
2a) This stops people from assigning their level 500 base as the marshal for every island
b) 24h timer / blocked by primes stops the above as well just different mechanism
c) the high base defense (250) makes islands more valuable, and harder to conquer.
- This allows you to still store troops at garrison for defense, but also able to pickup again
This simplifies the tedious part of attacking - currently once the war is essentially won you have to hit the island another 50 times destroying 1-10-48-1888-39-3000etc
Anyways, that would be the idea of the garrison
-It makes Marshal role useful
-It makes upgrades important
-It makes castles easier to defend (harder to conquer)
-On the other hand it makes attacking less tedious
Edit: Clarified some concepts, including what was added by ForScience