Garrisoned troops and when they come into play

This is a handful of questions rolled into 1 long winded question… i see in the 4.0 release notes that the 1 troop defense is being fixed by allowing attacking primarchs to bypass the defending primarch and hit the garrison if the attacking primarch has more troops than the defending primarch. I know this is intended to keep a never-ending stream of fighters with 1 troop from stopping you from clearing an enemy garrison and conquering the castle. Ive not conquered too many castles and even those weren’t recent and were poorly executed, so it’s still a little murky… Does that mean if 20 enemy primarchs are at their base, all with 1 troop each, and i fly up with anything more than 1 troop, but for this example we’ll say 20,000 troops, i could either:

1. click each primarch and attack from the map screen. Or
  2. click the castle and hit attack, immediately launching me into a battle. Im not sure how it picks who i’m to fight, but it picks, and you keep going through all the different bases until all of your troops are gone or until all of theirs are gone. Or…
  3. click the castle and hit details where i could:
    A) go down the list attacking each of the primarch that all only contain 1 troop each. Why do that? Idk. Maybe out of spite or to keep them from moving to a different castle for backup troops or to make them have to resummon somewhere that there aren’t enemies locking down the joint, im not sure. Or…
    B) click garrison and then select which players’ um… platoon? of garrisoned troops to hit. When you click the garrison there’s a spot on the left where it says the attack/defense of, i assume, every single platoon in that garrison? So, for example, one of our newest castles is only a day old and has 8.9k troops in the lvl1 fort garrison and an att/def of 111/154. One neighbor has a lvl1 fort with 3.3k troops and 71/119. Yet another neighbor has lvl7 fort, 405k troops, 413/428. What stats are used to determine the att/def of garrisoned troops?And how does the fog-of-war work? I can see the total troop count and att/def of some allied neighboring castle garrisons, even when im not there, but ive flown to other allied neighboring castles and cant see what’s in the garrisons…
    Next , in the example above what if all 20 defenders with 1 troop on their primarch, all have 19,999 troops each in their garrison? Would it still let me bypass their rusher (50/250) and instead hit their 19999 troops (20 enemiesX19,999 each= 399980 if lvl 7 fort then roughly 400att/400def) and why would i? Also, why do the garrisoned troops have an attack rating at all? I mean, when would those garrisoned troops ever get a chance to attack without your primarch being at that castle? And they will only come out to assist your prime on defense, not attacks, right?
    Ok so, Same set up example as above but all 20 primarchs have the 19999 troops on them instead of garrison. My sieger with 20k can still ignore the primarchs and pound away at the garrison? Or is it the total troops of all the defending primarchs that the attacker must be bigger than? What if one defender has 10k troops on him and 11k in garrison that should come to his aid? Will it force me to face his 21k troops before moving on to his friends? I thought one strategy was to have 1 or 2 primes, say a taunter and rusher, with 1 troop each and 50k in the garrison where the primes are, so that no matter which one got attacked, the 50k would come out to back them up. If that’s the case, wouldnt i be better off attacking his 1 trooped rusher with my 20k sieger (roughly 250att vs 250def+20 for his fort) and have 20k of his garrison come out and die at 1:.925 with a 4 flame hit so like 20k of mine kill 18500 of his, where as the alternative is going right for the garrison and getting 250 att vs 400ish defense against his 50k troops. So 1:.625 or my 20k kills 12500. Both cases all my troops die but glory-wise the first gives 18500x1.5=27750 glory and the second gives 12500x1.5= 18750glory for the same 20k troops. Im sure my math is terrible pretty much the whole way through, but i don’t think it’s off enough to make me wholly wrong, unless im wrong about a handful of game mechanics. Also it’s been a long day…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.