Gear buffing SS, double dipping

Already have.

No runes or perch my lightnings are at base SS, not boosted by any research, but the atk is above base by research amount.

Care to

your findings?

base boost
Sword consumable

Etc

Also there is no actual way to see if the boost applies to both normal and super, since the displayed value on the towers themselves ingame isnt reliable - as explained by pg during the capped dmg debacle.

Moreover sitea like dragon manager uses a user derived formula to match what’s shown ingame on towers as closely as possible. Its not a flat value taken from game files, or at least it wasnt the last time I worked on them (pre dragon manager)

2 Likes

Rarely use em so not in my test for research of SS buffs. Just tested and I assume like dragons 30% you can’t see in info screen as I seen no difference to either.

Also, runes to buff tower attack of ice turret have my atk changed but SS is still base SS number.

How are your tests coming along?

Everything besides 30% is shown in the info screen, been proven.

Better than you ignoring the simple answer right in front of you.

I provided you with two simple examples where your “de facto” statement was incorrect. Go dream up another hypothesis.

You would be closer to correct to argue that all buffs apply to all forms of attacks, except where the description specifically states super shot only, or tower attack.

Where do you come up with this crap? Do you always confabulate on the go?

Go put haste runes on towers and tell me it shows it all. Fml, I have a meme somewhere just for you

8 Likes

Offensive gear buffs dps and spells that use % of attack as damage, no? Base consumables boost supershot damage, no?

1 Like

You just gave to examples that can’t be tested, I have you multiple examples were it is correct, hence not “de facto”.

Like this says tower attack

And this also says tower attack

But the first one is only atk while second is atk and SS?

Edit: let’s not forget the first test I was supposed to do research

It says damage not even attack, which is inclined to mean all forms of damage, regular atk and SS, but it only does regular atk.

How about from math many times over. Plenty of damage calculations around the forums, I remember a big one was Pathox CC. Then another was during the spell scaling.

Noob, you’ve been in some of these calc conversations.

Correct, hence the above dragons get slight edge cause their “SS” as in spells is always a factor of the regular atk or hp, while towers have most separated.

No way to test, like dragon consumables they don’t show visually.

I read this post and I don’t understand its purpose. If I understand correctly, BamBam is complaining about SS, they are too strong and kill his dragon. Well, there are two solutions to that : dodge the SS or make your dragon stronger.

5 Likes

The end note is defensive gear should state atk and SS as it’s increase atk % as that is what it does.

Current:
+X% building attack

Suggested:
+X% building attack
+X% building super shot

Homie I really don’t think you’re getting it

2 Likes

SS in my book is an attack too. Why should I split the hair in 4 ? The word “shot” in SS doesn’t suggest defense or anything else but attack.

But I think all of this is like the expression “honest mistake”. People tend sometimes to split the hair in 4 … a mistake is a mistake… a “honest” mistake is what people who love to hear/read themselves invented.

3 Likes

I am not getting the purpose of this post, can somebody explain? :eyes:

2 Likes

Changed the numbers to be different so we can discuss.
You just want Z to be less than Y because you think supershots are too powerful and you get 1 shot from them.

Cloak to avoid them.
Use a shield to absorb some of their hit.
Use summon to absorb the shot.

-or-

Get better dragons.
Get better spells and gear to hit these bases properly.

4 Likes

Thought this was balance until dragon health came up here

All X’s is correct

So then we’re good now? You’re thinking of it in terms of similarly geared dragons?

1 Like

We good since post 29, it’s a suggestion to have the gear state what it’s doing without the hidden SS buff.

I think I’ve got it. Our forum compatriot Bambam is not experiencing a visual change on tower SS damage when he equips runes to monuments. Research is still up for debate.

So I would like to say that’s the issue, not a phantom SS buff from rider gear. I can’t say for certain if it’s just a display error or if the runes truly don’t boost SS as we don’t really get damage numbers when towers shoot.

I frankly don’t care that much because my base will always be squashable by someone. E2P probs. Might be worth looking into, though. Idk

2 Likes

You’re half there Noob lol. Edit once we finalize in PM?
Ok so Noobs correction to this is instead of stating defensive gear is to SS as well they should make each atk buffs also for SS.

All atk or hp buffs correlate to spells, but not all tower atk buffs correlate to SS. Noob says make all atk buffs of towers up SS too so they match spells relationship and also normal attack ratio to SS stays the same too.

I actually appreciate this thread, i think way too much about things of little significance compared to the overall possibility or possibilities of an outcome. Its honestly a curse so i get this.

1 Like

No offense, but your ability to communicate a point to people isn’t that great so I’d rather you not put words in my mouth because it’s not really what I said. I already said what I meant to say.

Runes, and most likely research as well, don’t boost supershot damage; only normal attack. Or at the very least, doesn’t display it on the tower. I assume it’s old code from before gear and modified stat calculations. Similar to dragon spells pre spell scaling.

Again, it might be worth having an engineer take a look at it. If supershot is supposed to be affected by attack, and runes boost attack but not the supershot damage, then something is not working correctly. The correct course of action is to fix it. Not to leave it broken and say that gear boosts supershots as well as attack. That’s already visually apparent

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.