Guide to Chest Drop Rates

Greetings, my fellow dragon-loving companions!

Chests can be tricky contraptions to get around without the proper insight into their workings, so it’s quite liberating that we have guides in store curated by the likes of @Zamirathe and @FieryxFury (among others) to help navigate through them and cherrypick the highest-quality drops.

I wanted to take the liberty as a Good Samaritan to consolidate a localized forum guide on chest drop rates so that the community could more easily see the average amounts of certain items per set number of chests. In order to achieve this, I tapped into Zami’s chest drops spreadsheet and experimented with the results.

Before I start the layout, a few preliminary notes:

• Any noticeable lack of an item somewhere in the lineup indicates that said item does not drop during the respective event, not that I omitted it; I tried to take account of everything.
  • This guide is in the full format of chest drops per set of 10, so if factors of 100 or of 1 (or of anything other than 10) are what you are looking for, you’ll have to either multiply or divide accordingly, or access the spreadsheet hyperlinked above for a more direct outcome.
  • A quick tip: you can use this guide in tandem with other chest-related guides (such as those by Zami and Fiery). These other guides include Zami’s Draconic Chest Sequencing, Fiery’s Platinum Chest Sequencing, Fiery’s Gold Chest Sequencing, Fiery’s Silver Chest Sequencing, and Fiery’s Super Sigil Chest Sequencing. Due to their intricate sequence structure, nobody has been willing to take on sequencing Bronze Chests, so consider this your guide to those; finally, of course, this guide excludes Silver Chests.

Without further ado:

Comprehensive Guide to Chest Drop Rates

What with all major event sequences being similar to one another and both minor event sequences being different, plus the fact that a couple of chests have unchanging sequences that are consistent with each event, I will be dividing this guide by event and adding the unchanging sequences afterward; in other words, if it’s Platinum, Draconic, or Super Sigil rates you’re after, I’ll save you the doomscrolling trouble and inform you right here that you have to scroll to the very bottom to access those. (I did mention sequences here, but it’s important to note that chest drop sequences and chest drop rates are dissimilar functions.)

Major Event Chest Averages

Events such as Crystal Caves, Fight Pits, Team Gauntlet, and Temple Raid take the collective title of “major events”. (One way to remember this is that “major” is quantitatively greater than “minor”, and there is a greater amount of combat-based events than there are progressive events, aka breeding and fortification.) Drop rates in each major event are more or less the same, so there’s really no need to separate them. The drop rates in major events for each chest type are as follows:

Gold Chest Drop Rates
  • Sigils - 206.32
  • Egg Tokens - 1787.95
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 211.02 (~8.79 days, rounded)
  • Inner Fires - 16.05
  • Energy Packs - 10.64
  • Mystic Fragments - 3.89
  • Black Pearls - 745.3
  • Healing Potions - 8.12
  • +30% Dragon HP - 15.23
  • +30% Dragon Attack - 15.23
Bronze Chest Drop Rates
  • Sigils - 13.40
  • Egg Tokens - 71.99
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 8.13 (~0.34 days, rounded)
  • +30% Dragon Attack - 1.81
  • +30% Dragon HP - 1.81
  • Defense Hammers - 0.84
  • Defense Gunpowder (Swords) - 0.84
  • Defense Armor (Shields) - 0.84
  • Healing Potions - 2.31
  • Inner Fires - 0.60
  • Energy Packs - 0.32
  • Crafting Shards - 96.27

Minor Event Chest Averages

Minor events are either of the final two events that follow after Crystal Caves, Fight Pits, Team Gauntlet, and Temple Raid have been eliminated… in short, this title is conferred to the Breeding and Fortification events. Here are the drop rates in each minor event, with “B” denoting Breeding and “F” denoting Fortification:

Gold Chest Drop Rates (B)
  • Sigils - 202.59
  • Egg Tokens - 2826.18
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 223.65 (~9.32 days, rounded)
  • Mystic Fragments - 3.40
  • Black Pearls - 562.58
  • Healing Potions - 9.71
  • Ice Turret Shards - 703.23
  • Fire Turret Shards - 703.23
  • +30% Tower HP - 14.57
  • +30% Tower Attack - 14.57
  • +100% XP Boosts - 3.88
Gold Chest Drop Rates (F)
  • Sigils - 206.32
  • Egg Tokens - 781.67
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 243.63 (~10.15 days, rounded)
  • Black Pearls - 599.45
  • Elemental Embers - 1582.67
  • Healing Potions - 10.15
  • +30% Dragon HP - 10.15
  • +30% Dragon Attack - 10.15
Bronze Chest Drop Rates (B)
  • Sigils - 15.17
  • Egg Tokens - 134.49
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 7.48 (~0.31 days, rounded)
  • +30% Dragon Attack - 0.66
  • +30% Dragon HP - 0.66
  • +30% Tower HP - 2.85
  • +30% Tower Attack - 2.85
  • +100% XP Boosts - 0.06
  • Defense Hammers - 0.66
  • Defense Gunpowder (Swords) - 0.66
  • Crafting Scrolls - 1.31
  • Crafting Shards - 105.19
  • Healing Potions - 1.90
Bronze Chest Drop Rates (F)
  • Sigils - 12.65
  • Egg Tokens - 22.14
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 8.49 (~0.35 days, rounded)
  • +30% Dragon Attack - 2.35
  • +30% Dragon HP - 2.35
  • +30% Tower HP - 2.49
  • +30% Tower Attack - 2.49
  • Defense Hammers - 0.58
  • Defense Gunpowder (Swords) - 0.58
  • Defense Armor (Shields) - 0.58
  • Healing Potions - 0.73
  • Crafting Shards - 93.11
  • Crafting Scrolls - 1.16
  • Elemental Embers - 3.18
  • Black Pearls - 2.27

Unchanging Drop Rates

The following chest types contain drops that are consistent with each major and minor event, and therefore have no difference in drop rates with each passing event; these can be opened at any determined time with drop amounts that would be no different any other time. (For instance, the shift between Temple Raid—a major event—and Fortification—a minor event—wouldn’t produce a change in the drop rates of these chests, because the sequence—a term not to be confused with “rate”—doesn’t change between events either, unlike all of the above, hence why these are being separated into a category of their own.)

Draconic Chest Drop Rates
  • Sigils - 230.22
  • Egg Tokens - 8700.77
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 733.93 (~30.58 days, rounded)
  • Inner Fires - 31.40
  • Energy Packs - 23.16
  • 200% XP Boosts - 5.67
  • 100% XP Boosts - 19.84
  • Defense Hammers - 15.50
  • Dragon Fragments - 29.36
Platinum Chest Drop Rates
  • Sigils - 629.68
  • Egg Tokens - 2438.03
  • Hours of Speedups (Collectively) - 768.82 (~32 days, rounded)
  • Elemental Embers - 6642.74
  • Electrum Bars - 1900
  • Black Pearls - 1004.27
  • Ice Turret Shards - 694.44
  • Fire Turret Shards - 694.44

Super Sigil Chests have an average drop rate of 1,100 sigils per set of ten.

Culmination

I hope you find this guide convenient enough to suit your chest-related needs. I will use this final opportunity to inform you again that these drop rates were listed in sets of ten, so anything higher or lower that you’re searching for will have to be multiplied or divided accordingly. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them; just drop them in the reply space below, or shoot me a private message. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

- Your local dweeb, Jalen

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the purpose of this guide? It seems to be a long text version of Zami’s chest drop sheet, except some numbers are not correct.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.