Guild Name Changes

A lot of teams that are active now inherited their teams as old players dropped off and new players came along. In the case of my team, the officers and leader all went inactive while we were newbies playing in Bronze. One day, a friend of ours woke up and she was leader.

We didn’t care so much about the name at that point because we were little and we were getting the hang of things. Fast forward a year and we’re in platinum with Atlas. Our team name is very close to that of that fluctuates between Diamond and Sapphire. More than once I’ve gotten mail intended for that team and we’ve been attacked in Atlas and by our allies because they confuse us with the other team. We would LOVE to have the ability to change our guild name. I get that might cause a lot of havoc for the side game (aka Atlas Politics). Our only other option would be to start a new team, but if we did that, we’d lose Atlas and start over in Bronze. We’re not keen on that either.

I’m unaware of anyone who has done this but your best bet is to put in a support ticket. I think they always say no, but it can’t hurt to try. Team
Names are basically permanent.

I am almost certain on what the support will respond, and as this is unprecedented, possibly they want to keep it that way…
Can you imagine what would happen if they made one exception? :thinking:

I would thing so too. I know my team has asked in the past as the name we have was inherited.

I noticed recently on the team settings the team name seemed to be an editable field, but I was not brave enough to find out if it works.

Also happy cakeday

Tapping on the box does nothing.

Well that seems like a bug then as that box style universally indicates editable contents.

OP (or really anyone) should post this in the happiness thread. (Not sure it counts as QoL)

This has been suggested multiple times in those ‘happiness’ threads, but never made it to the final list :see_no_evil:
We can push them with only number of requests maybe, although I think it will be hard to beat Ryuu :smiley:
I don’t like the idea of renaming though, that would bring so much chaos. No way to see even your so-allies or nemesis which is no fun too.

neither do I, especially when it comes to alliance outside the 5TA…

-Pssst! This guy is camping at our castle. Friend or foe?
-Never heard of the team. Exterminate!

Such scenarios may occur quite often once the team names can be changed, I suppose.

Well I wouldn’t think it should happen untraceable. But I can’t see why it couldn’t happen once a month and limited to leader only.

Too many teams have silly names that the current leadership had nothing to do with, and abandoning their achievements and atlas access and assets to start a new team probably shouldn’t be the only choice.

I don’t see why the team name history couldn’t be displayed somewhere also.

But yeah without restrictions it would be abused, I agree.

Now that’s a different story! :grin:

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.