Gunner the Cowardly dragon

so I just looked at the description of Gunner in game and the dragon is described as “craven and spiteful” which if you look up the definition of “craven” it means utterly lacking in courage and so that description basically calls the dragon a coward that is bent on revenge, is that really how the dragon was supposed to be described.

:smiling_imp: :chicken: Chicken rulez

The oldest Dragon Lords still remember the Blackbloods and the cruelty they wrought throughout Atlas’ island kingdoms. After Lord Gustav’s demise, the few remaining Blackblood drakes went into hiding. Most have likely died by now, but several clan leaders report an elderly drake picking over pillaged towns and villages along the Frigid Narrows’ coastline. Such a beast would not be too out of place in the Narrows, but veteran Dragon Lords would recognize those markings anywhere.

quoting is broken for some reason but anyway - maybe the reason he survived is because he was a coward :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty sure they’re using this definition here

It would be harder to survive if you faced your enemies in battle instead of fleeing for your life :joy::rofl::joy:

Should have called him Custard

I guess that argument could be made for all cloaking dragons…

Coward is just another word for “fights clever” after all.

The archaic definition still isn’t a good on why do you want a dragon that’s been vanquished

Cowardly means avoiding conflict all together not fighting wisely or cleverly

The oldest Dragon Lords still remember the Blackbloods and the cruelty they wrought throughout Atlas’ island kingdoms. After Lord Gustav’s demise, the few remaining Blackblood drakes went into hiding. Most have likely died by now, but several clan leaders report an elderly drake picking over pillaged towns and villages along the Frigid Narrows’ coastline. Such a beast would not be too out of place in the Narrows, but veteran Dragon Lords would recognize those markings anywhere.

section bold/italics from his lore would explain it

or do you mean why we would want a defeated dragon??

almost every good guy / hero story at some point includes the hero being beaten, losing, broken only to come back stronger than before?

I suspect he’ll only be able to pick on and beat bases lower level than himself

That is something the attacker could say :wink:

Are you confusing “cowardly” with “pacifist”?

People who stab others in the back are generally considered cowards. People who hit below the belt are considered cowards. People who hide and snipe are considered cowards. Especially by true strong Warriors who take every base head on and litter the graveyards around my base. None of these avoid conflicts, they just avoid fighting by someone else’s rules.

If you read his lore, he was once a dragon flown by Blackbloods, notorious for their cruel reign over the world of War Dragons until they were defeated and overthrown. Gunnar escaped and lost all of that power that he once had in the form of numbers, but likely did not lose the cruelty that defined the Blackbloods. Without that power behind him, he is still evil and “pillages small towns” but he now has to evade to survive since he’s the last remnant of a time gone and despised.

It would make sense that he’s cowardly then, as his best chance of survival is to be on the run. I’m definitely still getting him anyway.

What if he randomly just up and quits by himself mid-flight? :scream:

Oh no! If that happens I’m certain there will be a large number of pissed off dragon lords :joy:

Text flashes across the screen before you see your dragon flying away like you had hit the infamous swap button.
Gunner got scared! Gunner has fled from battle!

I feel like I need to do this edit now… (well, after it releases and hatches)

If that means that Gunnar won’t need me to keep holding cloak down, and will autocloak…I’ll take it :wink:

To answer the original question, yes! Gunnar is a cowardly scavenger that, rather than dying in battle, went into hiding after the Blackblood’s (and Gustav’s) defeat. Rather than fight head-on, he likes to freeze his prey solid - easier to get a meal when it can’t fight back!

However, talented Dragonlords should will be able to convince him fly into battle on their behest! And, fear not - so long as you don’t lose too many wars*, I’m sure he’ll stick around for good! :wink:

*I’m kidding, of course…