Hard rock/heavy metal music suggestions

I am a big fan of many varieties of music but hard rock/heavy metal is my preference and go to daily music. I have recently discovered The Fever 333 and Skindred. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for newly released or up and coming artists that I may not have discovered in my 20+ years of listening to music.

4 Likes

I absolutely adore Skindred :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Go to YouTube and search for frogleap studio.
The guy is awesome.
Does metal covers. releases a new song every week.
If you love cheesy 80’s rock take a look at rocksugar.

Hope they tickle your fancy.

2 Likes

The only newer band I’ve heard recently like I’ve liked is Royal Blood. Some new bands to me that I recently found and enjoy are Adelitas Way and Ghost.

2 Likes

Give Apocalyptic ago very talented.

2 Likes

Leo from Frogleap is awesome. I used his “Sharp Dressed Man” for my grooms entrance to my wedding 2 years ago.

The Fever333 is pretty awesome. This spring I got into Jinjer, Code Orange and Body Count. Last year I got into Gemini Syndrome.

not new, but I love some Five Finger Death Punch, slipknot, Pantera, Byzantine, Korn, and Deftones.

HORNS UP! :metal:

6 Likes

Oh and if you haven’t found them yet, you gotta check out Steel Panther. They are great and rock pretty hard. Literally I think. :thinking: :rofl:

2 Likes

I will have to check out the frogleap guy, jinjer and code orage. Hadn’t heard of them. Definitely love all the others listed. If you dig the fever 333 then you should check out hed (pe) if you haven’t heard them before.

Oldies but goodies not mentioned yet - slayer, black sabbath, cannibal corpse, deicide

2 Likes

For a few years where I had some personal issues (depression and failing) Swan Dive was my anthem.

2 Likes

Omg I love that song. Pacbell is another of my favorites from them. Have seen them twice in concert and they are fantastic live.

2 Likes

@DonovanZ love steel panther got their albums from feel the steel to lower the bar😎

I’m listening to them at work right now. “I won’t rest till I do my best to rid the whole world of B.V.S.!” Haha

2 Likes

I’ve heard of steel panther but can’t seem to place any of their music. I will have to look into them. Maybe they play on liquid metal and not octane on SiriusXM

Lol they are good.still love Asian hooker. Probably will get band from forum for that.:grin:

2 Likes

Haha if that song title gets a ban then any of Cannibal Corpse song titles will definitely do that if I started listing them.

2 Likes

As long as they don’t listen to the songs I think I’ll be safe😂

2 Likes

I like Annisokay :slight_smile: or Dangerkids

2 Likes

I’ve heard the VP really likes nickelback, you should check them out

If you want to check out something a bit different (symphonic power metal that sings about dragons) go check out Blind guardian (the gold standard in the genre) but also others like Rhapsody of fire :grinning:

1 Like

I haven’t heard blind guardian but I’ve heard Rhapsody of fire on Pandora and they are good. Nickelback is not really my speed. That’s more like the music I can tolerate that the old lady listens too because it’s better than Katy Perry or Taylor swift lol.