Hau 2.0 spell visual enhancement

Hi there.
I don’t want to sound picky, but it would make a huge difference if you could add some contrast to “Temporal Anomaly—in battle icon”

Before you start rolling your eyes, just look at the images below — it’s almost impossible to tell how much left of the 12-seconds.
When flying Hau 2.0 and activate the way point, You need to know how much time left before the reverse window expires. Spell icon makes it hard to tell.

Suggestion>
Make this one…

…Look similar to this one

And this is the full screen so that you can tell how difficult it’s to see.

29 Likes

It’s the same for Hauheset and I can see the timer perfectly fine during flights.

3 Likes

Of course you do :joy:

Wouldn’t you like it better if they did though, or don’t even bother?! :thinking:

1 Like

It’s relatively hard to see, so it’s easier to mess up the timing. I honestly don’t think that’s a bad thing though, it’s supposed to be a high-skill dragon.

3 Likes

I honestly think this is a really bad thing. Same for Hauheset. It’s not like a higher contrast would turn Hauheset into a low-skill dragon.

15 Likes

Yeah this is a matter of some devices can see it fine (tablets) and some devices can’t (phones). Would be very much appreciated if contrast could be increased. The visual is small enough as it is, but the timer is very hard to discern on a lot of phones.

2 Likes

high skill dragon in term of how to play it, not how sharp your eyes are.

14 Likes

@PGGalileo can you please take this one into consideration. I think make the spell duration more visually visible is something that increases our gameplay.

4 Likes

To fly Hau well, you pretty much have to have an internal timer for that duration anyway, I rarely actually look at the indicator. That’s where the extra skill requirement lies.

4 Likes

That doesn’t justify the notion of making the spell harder to look at will qualify you playing the dragon in a higher skill way.

If using your analogy, why don’t they just make all the spell duration invisible, as it will tell that you play that dragon by heart.

15 Likes

:flushed:

daaaamn!

i thought most people would just use their inner clock rather than to actually see the icon…

3 Likes

Sure, but I am willing to bet you looked at it when you were first learning it.

4 Likes

Of course, and anyone can see it too if you focus on it. But that will impede your flying because you’re not focusing on the rest of what’s going on. Which is why it’s a skill check basically, you’re more effective if you can fly it without staying at the spell icon.

1 Like

Except the contrast from white to yellow and blue to yellow is dramatically different.

Some people need that visual effect to learn their own internal timer so why not give it a better contrast? Its not like he’s asking for a giant arrow pointing at the timer

9 Likes

It is a minor one that doesnt require immediate manpower on. -and we all know how inefficient & incapable & lacking in manpower pg is, so… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Besides, they r bz af working on the new atlas atm i hear.

2 Likes

Whose to say it doesn’t? You? Me? Maybe it is a big problem for some people. Who is to say what is more important?

1 Like

Based on the screenshots, unless you have the acuity of an eagle, the timer is very difficult to see, even more so when using your peripheral vision. We also have a population of players with impaired vision, for whom this drag should not be considered as a result. Before muscle memory is achieved, which is what @Morreion is alluding to, you first need line of sight, and then move to the periphery. It’s a gradual process.

As far as not being able to spare the manpower, they very quickly got those stoopid circling balls on invokers, for which there was, and still is, a pretty obvious shot indicator. And who can forget the UI change blunder where home base was turned into a bunch of flaming suns, which was dialed down within a couple days.

@PGGalileo this is a sensible ask, and one that doesn’t appear will take much to resolve.

10 Likes

One more thing to add, being colorblind, this was almost impossible for me to notice on Hau and this is the same. I didn’t even know there was a timer until someone actually explained it to me.

9 Likes

I can see the light on hauheset clock but i cant really see anything on hauhezen because the color contrast just way too dim to see exactly when.

3 Likes

It was the same on UVS. I just counted in my head. :crazy_face:

1 Like