Hi-Res Western Expansion Map available for download!

Hey all! @PGFeds put together a huge map of the Atlas Western Expansion to help with your planning!
Download: War Dragons Atlas Western Expansion Map

Disclaimer:

@pgFeds: Also for the thread - usually disclaimers apply to this map image - I’m using what we currently have as the latest version of the map (pathing and such) - what we end up releasing may different slightly in terms of paths depending on how things come back from testing. So I would take this as 95% accurate, not 100% accurate.

Imminent atlas map expansion - question for PG
Atlas Expansion Nov 15th

It’d be useful to have this in-game as a zoomed out and lower res world map with a “you are here” dot of sorts, possibly with home/team-owned markers as well. The large landmarks don’t make things too hard to find from screenshots, though.

This’ll be useful to for using on a separate device, though :slight_smile:

@forScience We are working on making some more zoomed out views in game for later versions so hopefully we can have something like that.

Also for the thread - usually disclaimers apply to this map image - I’m using what we currently have as the latest version of the map (pathing and such) - what we end up releasing may different slightly in terms of paths depending on how things come back from testing. So I would take this as 95% accurate, not 100% accurate.

Have fun exploring and conquering Atlas!

Feds

I took the HD map and did some contrast changes to show the available area after this western expansion (super dark = not available) and lightened beta more than the expansion as well. Names and levels of all non-neutral areas have been added to the HD map provided, too. If you find any errors or missing things, please let me know.

Here is the direct link hosted on Imgur as well: https://i.imgur.com/fxU2JmF.jpg . If you’re sharing this with your team via Line, it is best to share the link as Line condenses the image too much.

High resolution Atlas Map of current world?

Just an FYI since duplicate names have been causing some confusion, here are the level 2-5 territories in Beta and the Western expansion with duplicate names:

1. Aeven
  2. Ameria
  3. Ascana
  4. Avra
  5. Bhican
  6. Brium
  7. Cainan
  8. Cebry
  9. Chaos
  10. Clemo
  11. Dastron
  12. Eldrios
  13. Elluin
  14. Esya
  15. Fendar
  16. Forsaken
  17. Freora
  18. Ganom
  19. Hagred
  20. Haldir
  21. Hefus
  22. Herwynn
  23. Inchel
  24. Kali
  25. Leoxi
  26. Lyre
  27. Malon
  28. Moxed
  29. Muire
  30. Mystical
  31. Neyair
  32. Proecia
  33. Rathia
  34. Roshia
  35. Ruco
  36. Siarra
  37. Snea
  38. Soora
  39. Tordor
  40. Ugra
  41. Uplesh
  42. Ursidae

@PGDave @pgEcho - it would be nice if, well, there wasn’t so many duplicates.

ha. thanks for pointing that out Red

It’s kind of like Kansas City (KS? MO? other?) … once the world is big enough, you just can’t help but repeat names. @PGFeds might be able to talk more about this.

The good news is that players get to assign names to castles (and that they must be unique).

Agreed, but those instances have an additional qualifier (states). Perhaps as we expand we could find a way to differentiate between these duicate names with biomes, areas, etc. Like…

Hefus, Central (Beta)
Hefus, West

Or number them? Hefus 1, Hefus 2 etc.

@XxSPOOKYxX Hey, you make a good point. We are still figuring out how to name these regions. One challenge is that we will ultimately have thousands and thousands of regions, making it difficult for our talented content team to come up with thousands of cool sounding names. One idea we have is that if a team can control all castles in a given region for a given amount of time, they can name it. Might be a good way to crowd source memorable names. The problem with that method is that region names might change over time, making it confusing for players who are using the names to navigate. We are up for other ideas if you have them!

Feds

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.