How do you Get those little description thingies

So I know that you get them from badges and such, but I don’t know where to make them like appear. I’ve tried marking badges as “favorite”; but that only leads to nothing. When I go back it has disappeared and nothing has changed. I would like the help of you accomplished forums peoples, please.

Like this

1 Like

Send a message to a PG employee, such as @PGGalileo, and they will give it to you.

3 Likes

Descriptions / titles (next to the forum name) could be obtained either through working &/or achieving some badges like “Admired”, “Aficionado”, “Great Share”, etc. (these are the default ones), or a custom one based on your preference, but as Jalen has mentioned you’ll have to send a direct PM to any PG employees &/or Moderators.

Personally, I feel like it would be nice if we can actually freely set that up without bothering any PG employees &/or moderators. :green_heart:

13 Likes

Untrue. I’ve reached out several times to more than one employee and never even got an acknowledgment. I’ve all but given up hope of ever being a unique snowflake… :frowning:

2 Likes

Is that for both default ones and custom, or just custom?

Badges that have “You can use this badge as a title” can be set as titles and will appear next to your username.

4 Likes

The custom ones would need a direct PM & may or may not (surely) be granted. I’m not really certain about the considerations, but it wouldn’t hurt to try, maybe?

The default ones would need some effort &/or time before you get any since you will need to work on some badges. Not all badges tho are available for use as titles.

Take a look at this & see which badges could be obtained with option to use as a “title”. :green_heart:

Badges - War Dragons

2 Likes

You can earn some. I woke up with a weird one one day. I woke up liek dis.

7 Likes

Yes. I think some are granted automatically if you happen to extremely impressed any PG employees &/or Moderators. :green_heart:

1 Like

Super impressive with my BOGO shopping skillz

4 Likes

I think I got mine when Gal was bored during a staff meeting :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :duck:

5 Likes

Looks fitting tho. Yours, actually, is one of my favoutires. I initially thought you suggested that description for yourself. :green_heart:

2 Likes

I just requested the duck emojis to go along with it, the title itself was all Gal
:heart_eyes::duck::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Really nice & clever! I, also, really like Angela’s “Purple People Eater”. Has a lot of character. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Is this going to become a Farming for titles thread? (Sister thread to Farming for badges :joy::orange_heart:)

Are we sharing title origins? :smiley: If anyone is interested, here’s mine…:sweat_smile:

I was out on a regular recruiting run. Someone asked me how many teams I was recruiting for. I said maybe 3-4 teams. Fiery gave me a title :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::orange_heart:

7 Likes

I love that one! And the Purple Heart :purple_heart: It’s divine! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Taco’s new one and FieryxFury’s are two of my favorites :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Sweet! Yes, titles / descriptions allow me to know some of you (a bit) here in the forums. It’s interesting, for somebody like myself, who watches & observes a lot of people when those titles / descriptions really match the activity, personality, actions (through responses in threads / posts) of the player / user that had those witty descriptions. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Ooh that’s easy!
Devote your life to chunk :chunk:

5 Likes

If people are willing to share, it would be really interesting to know a bit of the story behind the witty descriptions / titles. Thanks for sharing yours, Rhrist! :green_heart:

1 Like