I don’t understand how the changes in war are beneficial?

Discuss everything relating to Wars here!
Not quite sure how the new war rules are better. You cannot have a high winger fly with you- you earn your own 7🔥- which is not a problem until you have a couple higher levels defend against you? A higher 400 or even a 500 defending against you in pairs can knock you out on go. So that should work both ways to be fair for everyone correct???

The level of the defenders is irrelevant. it’s not like the hammers of a 500 heal more than the hammers of a lv 50 or that the ss they activate deal more damage.

The new system lessens the impact that a single or a couple of high level players have when the rest of their team is significantly weaker than them (aka hiding behind a single strong player that backs up everyone on their team). In platinum you frequently saw teams that had a lv 500 when the rest of the team were all under 300. That 500 would basically just do the attacks for the entire team and get 350 flames.

with this new system people must be more responsible for their own dragons. For a long time it has been too much of a crutch for lazy players to just swap and let their backup do all the work for them. You see this anytime the game comes up with something that is solo, such as Assault and suddenly people start whining that things are too hard when often the actual issue is that they cant fly their own dragons.

28 Likes

there’s a lot in this post about why the new way is better

but now that the leagues have all been sorted out it may be different

2 Likes

Is there any difference in buff given by high level and low level player?
Usually, higher leveled players are more experienced, but that’s the only difference.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I like the new war system a lot more. It hasn’t completely eliminated the mind numbing watch for defense banners, but at least participatory defense points don’t really matter - now the goal is to win the battle on both ends, which is more fun.

3 Likes

You can still have a teammate fly with you and you can earn exactly the same number of flames that way as you could in previous wars.

The difference is now that you get “extra” flames, for actually doing the work yourself rather than solely relying on a teammate.

War rules are the same for both teams

6 Likes

Exactly … too many lazy people relying on one person I agree. I winged and watched two high level players defend against a level 84. A level 84. Experienced versus inexperienced - how’s that fair? I should have detailed a little more.

Fair or unfair ? This is a war game.
2 teams battle against each other in war, there is only 1 winner. Either you win or loose.
Yes they have experience players, yes they are better, so do u think it is not fair that they win? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Mainly because of the key elements involved.

If two level 50s defend a level 50 base, it’s just a level 50 base, and a level 50 player can clear it. The same is true if a level 50 and a level 500 defend that base; it’s still just a level 50 base, and a level 50 player can clear it. The level 500 may be slightly better at timing their supershots and buffs, but they’re still working with a level 50 base. It’s still a question of level 50 vs level 50 base.

Now compare to the offensive side. In the “two level 50s” example, you’ll be facing…maybe orange divines? Against a level 50 base. While with the “level 50 and a level 500” example, you could be facing an orange divine…and an abyssal. It’s question of level 500 vs level 50 base. There’s a world of difference.

Even now, long after level 50, I can reliably keep an enemy of my tier from wiping out my base with one dragon - meaning that they shouldn’t be able to get a “perfect” score for destroying my base. With the previous system, they could get a perfect score even if they got slaughtered, because bringing an Abyssal backer still got them max flames. Now, with the new system, they can either do a good job on my base themselves, and earn 7 flames, or let the abyssal do the work and take 5.

6 Likes

Again, higher level players defending a base is no different than lower level players defending a base (except maybe experience). When attacking in war, expect defenders.

3 Likes

I don’t think OP knows how this game works.

3 Likes

What level are you? Seems to me the opposition was just better prepared for the war and defending your attacks. No issue here.

2 Likes

Ahhh yeah of course they should defend their teammate! Be worried if your high level members don’t think it worth their tome defending the lower levels in your team … that makes them not nice people :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I also do not agree with holding a warrior on 7 fires. Especially when your team has small players and they need help. It’s better to be 5, but you can provide full assistance.
Excuse me for my English, I’m from Russia. But I think you will understand me.

It makes some lead dragons “irrelevant” in most war cases at higher levels. Not saying Noc and Haus never have a place now, but the emphasis on the lead dragon to get 70% makes it more difficult to use lower tier dragons which many people previously used as setups.

That being said, I believe the purpose of this change was mainly aimed at some of the smaller leagues where there are often complaints brought up that some platinum team has a level 500 that backs all their war runs. This new system prevents issues like this from happening. It definitely puts more of an emphasis on the skill of the lead flier so no one can be dependent on a couple good fliers or a couple high levels. Personally, I enjoy the change, it adds a new level of difficulty to wars.

2 Likes

I like the new system in wars but one issue I have are the weekly buffs. Don‘t get me wrong, I think that was a great idea and it makes the attacks more challenging but I don‘t know anymore how far I can go with attacking, how much defence I can take. I know my dragons and what they are capable of in normal attacks, but war attacks are completly different. I tend to always attack enemies which are still too strong but only in wars and not on normal bases. This just annoyes me because I can‘t train this „harder“ difficulty on normal bases and I get wiped in wars on bases where I‘m used wipe the base (even defended).
I think it would be nice if the buffs, especially the elemental ones, were not that high or even no elemental buffs but just the general tower attack and hp.
The elemental buffs make it to where I don‘t even dare to use some dragons in wars because they are just so weak.
That‘s my opinion about the weekly buffs.

I think the idea behind elemental buffs to the bases was to make it so people would be forced to keep at least 3 dragons viable for war runs instead of just 1 or maybe 2. (It also means that we need to craft more sets of armor as a result of this…)

4 Likes

On the other hand, I wish that buff isn’t shown only for warring team.

2 Likes

Agreed! It would be handy to know which two elements of dragon are basically being nerfed for war runs BEFORE the war is declared :sweat_smile:

6 Likes