I’m done leveling up lineage dragons

I’m only up to vanguard, but its pretty obvious to me that its time to stop leveling lineage. First of all, they are nearly all worthless, but mostly its the food. No matter how weak and worthless they are, they all seem to have 40 worthless levels, each requiring two or three food raids. That’s like 100 raids for a dragon I will literally never use.

It is MUCH better to just park divine dragons at different class tiers, and ignore lineage. I could be convinced to level them up in my spare time still, but the food required for each level needs to be reduced, by a lot. Maybe with an 80% reduction in food per level, I could be convinced to level them up past breeding.

4 Likes

I’m struggling to find the purpose of the thread - is it a rant? Are you seeking some sort of advice? Is this a suggestion?

9 Likes

Its like life. You just need to get out of it what you can.

1 Like

Congrats? Thanks for letting us know?

5 Likes

That doesn’t really answer the question though? Is this just a rant thread?

3 Likes

It started out as one thing, but quickly evolved into your thread. So you tell us, what is it about?

Not sure how I could have been more clear. I don’t believe lineage dragons are worth the effort given the effort required to obtain the food to level them. Is there another way to state it? If you choose to call it a “rant”, implying there is some lack of rational reasoning behind the statement, then that is you, not me.

1 Like

i have a feeling people started to use forums as a diary

15 Likes

I don’t see how asking a simple question makes it into my thread - there’s no need to get defensive.

I was simply asking so I can figure out if there’s a discussion to be had in this thread, or if I should just go about my day and not look at the thread again. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

People can get defensive if they realize you’re asking questions that make them realize they have no idea what they were actually doing :grin::grin:

7 Likes

I’m sorry. I thought you were just firing off a dismissive reply to which people could click the solution box. My mistake.

2 Likes

I normally level them up to breedable, or a bit further than that (usually further, up to at least level 14), then come back to them at a higher level when I get more XP, then I expert them. Although I normally only level lineage dragons to expert when I’m bored :joy:

3 Likes

Only the thread owner (or a mod) can click the solution box :slightly_smiling_face:

And perhaps I should give extra context behind my question - part of the reason I asked is because I’ve linked suggestion posts in the past for PG to take a look at, and fwiw, I do think that food costs for dragons are high, so the burden of leveling them can get annoying.

4 Likes

I agree with you and would go one further: All lineage dragons are junk. No need to get them past breeding. I started a new alt, and was astonished that dragons that used to be real assets on my main, now pale before any seasonal.
I still expert everything, but have to admit it is not worth it.

Anyone els find it odd it took him until vanguard to figure this out :eyes:

There are a few decent lineage dragons in lower tiers that I maxed. Mainly the ones that can take invader with 1 or 2 taps. Since getting krelos however, there few and far between.

1 Like

Debatable. Actually totally disprovable. There are many good lineage dragons in Vanguard and up, and some in the lower tiers (Sapphire - Hau, Obsidian - Noctua, etc.).

1 Like

Well to be honest, not that much etc. there. There are some that are decent, but those two are pretty much it for being really competitive with divines, apart from end tier mythics when they are still end tier.

4 Likes

Don’t tell anyone, but I used Apop in atlas for a while cause my dragons sucked lol

3 Likes

Apop OP

2 Likes

There is! If only it got more upvotes.

2 Likes