Idea for Medals

Hello,

I would like to propose an idea that I wasn’t able to find any threads about. If this was posted before @moderators feel free to close this thread.

Medals!

As of right now, all the medals are used for is declaring wars and showing off the activity of your account. Finding another way the medals are used for would greatly increase activity of players and accumulation of scarce items.

I’ve had couple of ideas that came to my mind (subconsciously stolen from other games)…

* Weekly Medals:

(This would require PG to fix all the accounts that have glitches weekly medal counters (including mine) to be fixed)
There will be a prize table for the amount of medals you farmed during that week. Similar to the personal points system in events.
0-500k Medals - certain group of rewards
501k-1mil Medals - certain group of rewards
1mil-2mil Medals - certain group of rewards
2mil-3mil Medals - certain group of rewards
Etc, etc, etc.

Again this would be tricky due to so many accounts having glitches weekly medals but as long as the counters work this can be achievable.

NEW ADDITION:

* Seasonal Medals:

Introducing the counter for Seasonal medals in which players will get rewards at the end of the season based on the amount of medals they have collected throughout the season. Similar rewards table would be created as in the Weekly Medals section above.

* Medals Store (part of the Forge)

Players are able to spend their earned medals to buy items such as Healing Potions, XP Potions, RSS packs, Hammers, Shields, Swords, Dragon/Base boosters (+30% items etc). Introduce lifetime medals portion which keeps track of your medals earned since they one and will not get reduced when you spend the medals.

* Addition of Portraits

“I’d also like to throw in a series of older style portraits that would be obtained at intervals (5M, 10M, 20M, 50M, 100M, 200M, 300M etc) of total medals earned for those who religiously farm tokens. It could be one huge evolving series, or it could be a few recolorings/animations of older portraits or something like that.”

“And of course they could extend the thorn-odin series of medals earned per week to reach higher than 500k. A 1M, 2M, 4M, 6M would round out the series and give players at least something to strive for for one week of hard grinding for a portrait.” - Multiple contributors to this idea

All these suggestions would promote the grinding feel of the game that was partially lost by removing bonus meter. I would love to embrace the discussion about this and alter my suggestions after good discussions. I understand that I probably overlooked potential issues with these if they were to be implemented so I would love to get feedback and what the drawbacks would be if something like this was implemented.

DRAWBACKS

Problem:
For the few responses we got so far this seems to be the biggest issue. Issue of opportunities to gain medals between Atals and Non-Atlas players. As in non-atlas attacks medals reduce after continuous hitting of same base in Atlas each invader base hit grants 5,000 medals.

Solution:
Implement the medal rewarding system as it is in non-atlas attacks. Each attack on same base (in this case invader base) will grant reduced amount of medals.

34 Likes

So far I am liking your idea and can’t see anything wrong with it. Then again, it is waaaay to early in the morning for me to do some serious thinking. It would certainly be interesting to see this implemented.

Anything to make various aspects of the game worth more is a win.

Just as egg tokens have limited value outside of breeding, medals have limited value outside of declaring wars.

I like the idea of using medals for other purposes.

how about 1M medals for 1k tokens :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’m 100% behind this idea, it gives both groups of players more reason to attack and play the game. It’s an incentive for game activity and makes the game more engaging. It sounds like something that will bring back older players or players who have lost interest in the game, in which I have heard from many find the game getting harder.

Quite a large portion of the free to play player base find the game difficult at the point they hit sapphire dragons, this will help keep them motivated.

Only thing i would comment, is that people with invader usually gets more medals. As you always get 5k no matter how often you run it. People without atlas, running xp bases would not have this benefit.
But i like the concept of giving rewards to active players.

3 Likes

Interesting idea. Would love it to be implemented into the game.
But yeah to not make the gap between atlas and non-atlas people bigger, then xp bases would also need to give medals like the invader base. (not because i dont have atlas, cause i recently joined an atlas team, but just to be fair)

1 Like

This would be so much fun! Some of our members log on for only a bit during the day and our TC gets kind of quiet. This would encourage them to come on more often … possibly have a section/tab for weekly medal count for the team members sorted from highest to lowest. This would certainly spur some in-team competition and individual goal setting. Love it! :heart_eyes:

Maybe even tie medal counts into the new, and soon to be released, team quests?..

1 Like

You cannot change the way the medals are given out outside of atlas. There has to be reduction of medal count after hitting the same base over and over again. Reason behind this is that people will abuse the bases like MsMersy and just farm medals easily.

You can still hit players on your matchmaking list that are easy and get 5,000 medals. If I were to farm medals I would not run invader base over and over again, I’d go to matchmaking and hit actual players as killing those will be faster then running through a full base in atlas.

Mhm but how is running invader bases over and over again different from running xp bases over and over again? (except for the xp bonus on invaders)
Just saying, the before and after of me getting atlas access was 500.000 medals -> 2.000.000 medals easy… Without playing more or doing more regular attacks, just from the difference of medals in xp and invader bases.

I’d also like to throw in a series of older style portraits that would be obtained at intervals (5M, 10M, 20M, 50M, 100M, 200M, 300M etc) of total medals earned for those who religiously farm tokens. It could be one huge evolving series, or it could be a few recolorings/animations of older portraits or something like that.

And of course they could extend the thorn-odin series of medals earned per week to reach higher than 500k. A 1M, 2M, 4M, 6M would round out the series and give players at least something to strive for for one week of hard grinding for a portrait.

once medals get fixed of course

3 Likes

It is not different. But lets say PG lets you get 5,000 medals on regular xp base outside of the Atlas. This means that every base outside of atlas will give you 5,000 medals no matter how many times you hit it. This means that bases like MsMersy that can be done in 2 seconds will give 5,000 medals every time you hit it. This means that you will be able to farm medals easily. This will be too easy and PG will never do that. Also, this will open up and embrace farming same person over and over again as you will get rewarded for it by getting 5,000 medals every time you hit it.

Am I saying it’s perfect the way it is? No, but you cannot change the way medals are accumulated outside of atlas. When I didn’t have atlas I used to farm medals on real peoples bases.

True true. Cant argue with your reasoning.

I can just already imagine a whole bunch of non-atlas players with pitchforks and torches :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I agree that there would be people petty about it but you still have opportunity to get medals by hitting regular bases and for the record I don’t think Invader bases should give medals at all. Why you getting medals for attacking a mediocre AI base. Where is the challenge in that?

1 Like

I love this idea a lot. :slight_smile: I think it would bring more fun to the game if players could use their medals for something & have more avatars to reach for!

Would you mind me adding this to the Thread post and crediting it to you, I don’t want it lose in middle of all responses?

1 Like

By all means, i’m not sure it was entirely my original idea though so maybe just mention that this idea was brought up/floated around? I’ve either seen it or posted it before somewhere :man_shrugging:

How many medals does an invader base give? And does it get lowered when you hit it repeatedly?

Invader gives 5K. But it gives 5K each time you hit it. Not like other bases where the medal count decreases if you hit the same base again.