Ikkumma - Basic Guide

I mean, if you don’t enjoy Ikkumma yeah, no point insisting. Seems like the most sensible choice.

6 Likes

Ikkumma doesn’t need runes or a rider to do well, it’s definitely user error

7 Likes

Ikkumma flyers : Isn’t the shield supposed to protect from supershots? is it a bug or a feature that orrery shots still speed you up even when the shield is up?

That is how Orrery towers work. The speed effect still happens when shield spells are activated.

Edit: which is why it is important to prioritize along with any other threatening tower.

3 Likes

Is the speed up ability part of its ss, or isn’t just the shield? I honestly have no idea, and this would answer the question if the answer is no.

1 Like

According to the description, the only supershot components are the shield and the adding of health to adjacent towers, so to answer your question; no, the speedup effect is not part of the supershot.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Same thing works dark flak stun, fire flak damage reduction etc.

4 Likes

Weirdly enough I don’t recall having gotten stunned, though it could just be that it coincided with Ikkumma’s reload period

Here’s another video, this time even higher :slight_smile: :

Same Ikkumma setup: trashy level 1 legendary gear, no rider, no runes/glyphs.
Base: fully leveled elite/mythic gear (I presume), some viable defensive rider, 5 exotic+2 mythic+3 legendary runes/glyphs.

I’m mid-Vanguard and this base is late Eldritch, nearly Verdant. That’s hitting up nearly 4 tiers. This one only took me 3 tries. I’m having way too much fun :laughing:

(Yes I realize I left a tower, but I’d like to think that this is still pretty good lol)

6 Likes

Nice, you make me want to get him out and practice a bit with him.

2 Likes

A teammate asked for some advice on Ikkumma when facing a kill island, I ended up making an annotated video to try and see if it helps. So here.

7 Likes

nice video ,impressive editing :ringer_planet: :+1:

2 Likes

Wow really good job. Informative, laid out and easy to read/understand.
Thanks heaps

3 Likes

Has anyone tried out riders on Ikkumma? Of the atlas riders, which best fits ? Yeken or Archelus ?

I would personally go Xandra for the rage. 24% is a big difference, especially if you’re hitting long islands (which I don’t think you’re hitting much of, but still).

Attack (archelus) isn’t all that important (for normal people lol) until you start hitting reallyyy high and it takes all 4 shots with the 350% boost to destroy a tower.

Definitely not Yeken. Ikkumma doesn’t need HP and that’s all she does (plus some rage).

Xandra has enemy totem debuff and dragon xp/training costs though, which feel a bit of a waste no?

https://wd.neon-wonderland.com/rider/compareOffensiveInvoker
You can look here for the ideal paths for the rider. Xandra is one of the best riders in the game if not the best.

Yes, you have to get those useless nodes, but in total she’s still very good.

3 Likes

They’re filler skills, most riders have them, just ignore them pretty much :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok, thank you both, I’ll go for Xandra then !

4 Likes