In The End [Linkin Park]

In The End

While I do find some aspects of War Dragons are fun, it has long past the point of being enjoyable. As I’ve said a couple of times before, I was at the point of leaving at this time last season. PG gave a glimmer of hope that made me decide to stick it out.

To say that this season has been a dumptster fire is a bit of an understatement. It’s more like a dumpster fire riding an oil tanker parked on a train track. Personally, I’ve done fine. I just got the Harbinger stone for Pathox, and I’ll get the Vanguard stone by the end of the night. Goal #1 for the season, done. I grew from 220 to 275 by the end of the night tonight. Not quite the 300 I wanted to hit (which was by Christmas, so I’m on target), but I suppose it’s close enough. I can finish breeding Marianas, and I’ll have hit Obsidian, which was my last goal.

What’s letting me let go now is the fact that I know PG isn’t going to do enough to fix the game to make it worth staying any longer. Oh, they’ll announce that they’re going to be working on things, but in the end, it doesn’t even matter.

// I don’t know why, it doesn’t even matter how hard you try. //
// All I know, time is a valuable thing. Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings. Watch it count down to the end of the day, the clock ticks life away. //

This song has been playing through my head for days, and every time I think about it, it just seems to capture my sentiment I feel toward this game right now. I figure that’s as good a sign as any.

I’ll be in-game until Wednesday, but I won’t be back on the forums.

PS: There were some people looking for me, trying to find out what team I was on. It was xSuaSpontex/New Prophecy. I cannot endorse them highly enough - very good group of people, and solid players.

It starts with one thing
I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal

Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but you didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go

I kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

One thing, I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard

In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised
it got so far

Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end

You kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually
Be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

This is the only LP song I like, but this one, I really do.

:cry: I’m going to miss you Doc. I had fun flying with you at Sua (until things went sideways). I have always enjoyed the insight and perspectives of the game that you expressed on the forums and during our in game chats.

I hope you find happier trails as you continue on with your life away from this game. For now I think I am too stubborn and too foolish to stop playing, but no human knows what the future holds so I cannot say with certainty what will happen next for me.

Goodbye

Are you actually quitting, Doc, or is this just a commentary on the mood of the entire Playerbase right now? :joy:

I’m like 99.99% he’s quitting after the official end of the current season based on his posts elsewhere in the forums.

I am sad to see you go, but I see the necessity. Your ideas were always fully thought out, and looked at a situation from multiple angles. Out of almost any other voice here on the forums you were fair in your arguments, never calling out stupidity unless necessary.

I hope life carries you to happier places. Farewell, Doc.

Click on the first line in the body of the text, with the little triangle pointing to it.

Thanks- I didn’t see that!

Very sad to see another great player go :frowning_face:
I hope you the best Doc!

Take care and God bless!

Good luck in all your future endeavors! We will definitely miss you.

Good luck to you in the future sir. It was fun playing with you for the little bit that we shared a team. It’s sad to see one the level headed good players leave the game

I know we didn’t always see eye to eye but for what it’s worth from me, I hope things go well for you. Thank you for all you did in the community and I hope you enjoy whatever else it is you choose to do.

Oh,that’s sad!(
You one one of not many who I really liked on Forum.
Good luck sir!
And may your real life be full of joy,fun,and positive memorable moments :hugs: