Greetings Dragon Lords,
Looking at the sizable number of Dragons at your disposal, you’ve undoubtedly earned your title! However, with time, with your legion of Dragons being as fierce as it is plentiful, some cease to get the attention they deserve and are forced to lay dormant in your Dragon’s Den. As a solution to this, we’re giving you a way to utilize their potential and reap a competitive advantage in brand new ways – introducing: Perch Resistances!
How will it work?
In its maxed-out stage, the Perch Resistance will be able to slot up to 4 additional experted lineage Dragons, each providing some damage resistance to its coverage area.
The ‘coverage area’ will consist of three nearest islands, similarly to how current perch Rider buffs are applied.
Attack Preview Screen
The attack preview screen will show buffs and resistances as they appear to attackers, with positive tower buff values in red and negative debuff values in green. From an attacker’s perspective, their dragon is debuffed against a positive tower buff and must plan their attack accordingly. Likewise, a weakness is denoted in green, as this is good for the attacker.
Dragons must be experted before they can be slotted. Keep in mind, however, that the slotted Dragons will be unable to participate in attacks and not only provide damage resistance, but also some weaknesses to the islands they’ll be affecting, so careful planning is highly advised!
Note: The Elemental Resistance provided by Dragons in the standard Perch assignment will no longer function. Mega Perch Resistances will be taking its place. Additionally, Elemental Totems will stack with Mega Perch Resistances.
Dragon Class Resistance Modifiers
Perch will provide base buffs or debuffs against dragons based on the class of dragon slotted in the perch. For example, each Hunter slotted will provide a 5% base buff against Sorcerers and a 5% base debuff against Warriors in the islands associated with the perch the dragon was slotted into. These resistances can stack which will mean that having 4 slotted Hunters will provide a 20% buff against Sorcerers and a 20% debuff against Warriors.
Slotting in the following Dragon Classes will provide the islands associated with the Perch Resistance these buffs and debuffs:
- Sorcerer +5%, Warrior -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Sorcerers and a 5% base debuff against Warriors
- Hunter +5%, Sorcerer -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Hunters and a 5% base debuff against Sorcerers
- Warrior +5%, Hunter -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Warriors and a 5% base debuff against Hunters
- Sorcerer +3%, Hunter +3%, Warrior +3%, Invoker -10%
- This provides a 3% base buff against Sorcerers, Hunters, and Warriors. This will also provide a 10% base debuff against Invokers
Perches will provide base buffs or debuffs based on the element of dragon slotted in the perch. For example, each Fire element dragon slotted will provide a 5% base buff against Dark element dragons and a 5% base debuff against Earth element dragons in the islands associated with the perch the dragon was slotted into. You can stack the effect by slotting in multiple dragons. For example, slotting two Wind element dragons and two Dark element dragons will give a 10% base buff to Ice and Wind element dragons, and 10% base debuff to Dark and Fire element dragons.
- Dark +5%, Earth -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Dark element Dragons, and a 5% base debuff against Earth dragons
- Fire +5%, Ice -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Fire element Dragons, and a 5% base debuff against Ice dragons
- Ice +5%, Dark -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Ice element Dragons, and a 5% base debuff against Dark element dragons
- Earth +5%, Wind -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Earth element Dragons, and a 5% base debuff against Wind element dragons
- Wind +5%, Fire -5%
- This provides a 5% base buff against Wind element Dragons, and a 5% base debuff against Fire element dragons
When Do Perch Resistances Unlock?
All current Perches will be automatically converted into Perch Resistances at levels 10/20/40/60. Further expansions to the Perch Resistance will become available as follows:
- Level 10: 1 slot is unlocked
- Level 20: 2 slots are unlocked
- Level 40: 3 slots are unlocked
- Level 60: 4 slots are unlocked
Remember that you’re all invited to share your feedback about Perch Resistances on our Official Discussion Thread – we can’t wait to see what you think.