Introducing PGGalileo: The new War Dragons Community Manager

Hello Dragon Lords,

I’m Galileo (he/Hauhezen), the new War Dragons Community Manager! You may have seen me bopping around the forums for the past week or two, and I thought it was high time for me to formally introduce myself. Krelos. To give you an idea of what my job is, I’m a two-way bridge of information, and it’s my charge to faithfully represent the voice of the team to you, and your voice to the team.

I’ll also be doing other things like writing blog posts, doing the social media (including livestreams), managing the forums, and hopefully getting to know all of you.

I’ve been doing Community Management professionally, in some capacity, for almost a decade! My personal philosophy is pretty simple: I speak plainly and operate with radical transparency. Lockjaw. At any given time I’ll be giving you as much information as I can because I think you deserve it for being on this journey with us. I also like to do more than just be a problem solver or messenger – the reason I’ve been doing community management for the better part of 10 years is that I have fun hanging out in the communities I manage.

A little bit about me: I’ve been a gamer my entire life, I started out with Mario Bros on the NES and I haven’t put a controller down since (This is hyperbole; I shower, ok?). I own a theater company as a side-hustle, have been performing and writing comedy for nearly 20 years, dig synthwave music/style, and really love baseball. Dross. There’s other stuff but this is turning into a novella.

Anyway - this thread is for us to get to know each other so AMA!

74 Likes

AMA! I like it, welcome and congratulations on your new role and responsibility.

2 Likes

So… your the opposite of PG. Do they know you operate that way?

If true I’m glad you’re here!

15 Likes

Favourite food?
Favourite destination during vacation?

Welcome again! Always glad to have a Community Manager that listens to the playerbase, hope you enjoy your time here and who knows some things may get changed.

4 Likes

What’s your spirit animal?

Welcome @PGGalileo. Thanks for joining our community. You will love here.

1 Like

Haha, I think that’s why they hired me? It was either that or the bribery. Who knows?

4 Likes

I already love it! I get to talk about dragons every day; I wish I could go back and tell child Me what we get to do as an adult.

8 Likes

crabby

23 Likes

Pizza. When I go on vacation, I really love old architecture - especially defensive structures like castles, citadels, and walled cities. I made plans to go on a castle tour of the Rhine region of Germany this Fall before the coronaboyz came into town. My top 5 defensive structures to see, meaning I haven’t been there yet are:

1. Neuschwanstein, Germany
  2. Red Fort, India
  3. Citadel at Aleppo, Syria
  4. The Alhambra, Spain
  5. Reichsburg Cochem, Germany

My top 5 favorites that I’ve seen:

1. Machu Picchu, Peru
  2. Bran Castle, Romania
  3. Alcazar at Segovia, Spain
  4. Himeji, Japan
  5. Edinburgh Castle, Scotland
    Honorable mention: Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, where the Vietnamese fought off Mongolian invaders - not technically a man-made structure, but they built caves in these big limestone karsts in the water where they hid weapons and sprang sneak attacks.

I also love palaces, but they aren’t really defensive structures for the most part - my favorites I’ve seen being Schonbrun, Austria; Peles Castle, Romania; Pena Palace, Portugal, and of course - Versailles, France.

14 Likes

Welcome, it’s great to have you and look forward to reading your posts and watching your live streams in the future. Do you happen to know once streams do start up again if you’ll be doing weekly streams or only preview streams?

Also Im sorry ahead of time for when something goes wrong in the game and you get hit by the rage tsunami. I dont know how your predecessors did it. Every time there was some bad glitch in the game or some bad feature was introduced (Abyssal+ breeding costs, seasonal line cost increases, ect) I always pictured Crisis and Arelyna sitting in a storage closet with a bottle of whisky or tequila, banging their heads against the wall knowing what the forums and next live stream were going to be like :joy: :cold_face: So Im sorry for when that inevitably happens

11 Likes

Welcome :hugs: so far I like what I see. Thank you from team PeritusDraconi

4 Likes

I am happy that an energetic person will be around :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Zodiac sign ?
Favorite dragon in game ?
Are u into dogs ?

1 Like

I’m not sure what the stream cadence is yet… I’d like to do weekly streams, but we’ll have to see how much bandwidth I’ll have (bandwidth being the weirdly corporate term for ‘time’ and ‘energy’).

Rage tsunamis are interesting because the reason players and communities get mad is because we care. Caring is good. I know this probably sounds counter-intuitive but I’d rather you be angry and raging than just disappear (famous last words).

As long as we are all aware that there are human beings on the other side of the screen, and that we all deserve respect and kindness - I think we’ll be alright.

12 Likes

Libra.
Asura so far (I am not good at WD yet, and I’m not very far in the game)
Dogs are my favorite.

6 Likes

Sweet! I love that too! I was actually planning to visit Florence or Rome before COVID-19 came about. Assassin’s Creed nerd here, I’m all about history.

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

We are glad to have you with us, hope to see you around! And ignore Mike :joy: (I’m allowed to say that if he’s my teammate, right?)

1 Like