IOS 11.1.2 issues/cross platform transfers

Ever since downloading IOS 11.1.2 last week I have had a lot of problems with War Dragons. Nearly half of the times I open the game it freezes within a minute of play. The Home button or button on the right side of the phone not even allow me to close the app or the screen. Then minutes later it sort of wakes up and has to restart the War Dragons app. Anyone else having these kinds of issues? It almost weekend like an IOS problem more than an WD one.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems. May I ask what device you are using ?

I phone 6 plus, Srry forgot to mention that

I heard that there was issues with the device itself due to an OS update. that was 11.0.2 ~ 11.0.3. not sure if there are lingering issues with it.

it only affected iphone 6 and 6 plus

Yes it seems like an OS error because everything seems a bit slower and laggy, just wanted to check around on here to see if anyone else was having the same problems.

I have also noticed that the freezing is much more frequent when the phone is charging. Still happening fairly frequently when not plugged in though. Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you, until issue gets fixed by either WD or Apple it will mean much less game time, it is too annoying to deal with.

I have a 6 Plus on 11.1.1, and am having daily freezes which can only be resolved by forced rebooting of the phone. Very sorry to hear that the problem is still there or even worse on 11.1.2. Think I’ll hold off updating.

I’d have to wonder how much is due to this:

Other than on older iOS devices, the game performs significantly better on iOS vs Android (and has additional functionality)… but

War Dragons (@WarDragonsGame) Tweeted:
Yes, cross platforming login is a thing. If you have any issues with it, please contact support about them. https://twitter.com/WarDragonsGame/status/942840269925437441?s=17

1 Like

:astonished::astonished::astonished: That’s new! From everything I have previously read on the forums, it wasn’t possible. Guess hell can freeze over :rofl:

That’s how it’s been for a long time, but it’s something that’s gone unannounced until recently.

I doubt it - I have had freezes with a full battery, and while plugged in
to the charger. Good to know, though - thanks for the link.

Minor correction: I have the 6s Plus

Ah, well the link in this reply had lead me to believe otherwise, along with several other forum postings that said you couldnt and it wouldn’t be happening.

I’m aware the game does perform better on IOS because it was originally an iOS game, but the quality of the game is not good enough for me to use it as a criteria for my next device purchase. I haven’t upgraded to the latest iPhone for numerous reasons. One being is the cost of the new features being worth the price of the upgrade. I’m not dropping 2k+ every year for new phones for the family.

Yes, that’s what PG has been officially telling us. In December, people stated noticing hints at cross-platform transfers, still not officially announced outside of a Twitter comment. Samsung devices don’t play nice with the game, if you’re looking at those.

For the battery/performance throttling, if the battery is old enough, it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s at full charge or not. Anyway, that’s one of the reasons I prefer Android - more control over your own device &
more options :see_no_evil: People who had unplayable games on the 6 Plus were fine after moving to the 8 Plus. War Dragons is a more resource intensive game, so it probably isn’t working out well with Apple messing with things that can’t be unset.

Yea, I gotta suspect the performance throttling Apple has done is affecting War Dragons in some way. It certainly heats up the phone and drains the battery. From the sounds of it, these are affect Apple is claiming to being trying to reduce…

They could have built phones with easy to replace batteries :woman_shrugging:

Either way, I’m glad people started noticing and they have official said something. Thanks for pointing us to the Twitter source @forScience

Update to iOS 11.2.1 broke the app for good.
And am not getting info from the tech team.

have to create a new account just to ask for help, but i receive no response.

Prepped my base for the recent fortification event (2018), but i updated on the eve of the new year. The update broke the app. It won’t load beyond 50%, and support from tech is nowhere to be found.

Am hoping i can still reconnect with my old account, spend a bunch on that account and overnight it’s a goner. Please respond.

ign: Striker75
Team: DarkNightMoon
level: 120

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.