Is it time for a new higher tier league?

It’s obvious that they keep raising the bar with Dragons and towers, those that can get them are sitting in diamond and haven’t moved, and will stay there unless there’s somewhere higher to go.

These players typically spend buckets of cash, the event rewards mean little to nothing to them, while the hard working grinders get left with scraps, I think a new league at the top will help everyone in the game move forward instead of feeling like we fight for nothing while spenders get everything.

I agree with this but I doubt pg will go for it. New tier with higher rewards will just be filled with same d1 teams except more prizes for nothing. Maybe more d1 leagues would work :man_shrugging:

The real need here is for PG to finish part 2 of the league restructuring and allocate prizing to incentivize players to want to be in the higher leagues and avoid sandbagging. Adding additional higher subleagues may fall into that process.

So you want to just add another league that will basically be the same thing with a different name? Why?

This.
The rewards for Plat 1 vs Plat 4 are just more egg tokens.
But you can sandbag in platinum 4 and dominate event, get more personal achievements to make up for the extra egg tokens.

They keep raising the bar, why not raise the leagues? The leagues below have 0 chance of catching up to them and I believe that adding more leagues can alleviate the pressure teams feel when trying to move up.

Gold is a battlefield of team that’s should be in Platinum and Sapphire but aren’t because there’s no room for them, creating a new league would make room for them to move up without forcing other teams that are too big for gold to move down.

So you want to be able to get the rewards Diamond currently has?

I think if your proposal was to up the prizes in all leagues would be less controversial, which seems to be what you want too.

Yeah sure let’s just all get better prizes with no extra effort /s

I don’t see how a new league would contrived as a bad thing.

Just curious here with a few questions for you:

1. Where would you like to add this new league into the structure and how many teams would it have?
  2. What would the prizes be like?
  3. Who would fill these leagues initially?

Hmm I’m trying too help here. Keep going then, your proposal will not solve your problem. You should Know that 5 seconds after you think of it.

Above diamond

Not for me to decide

Well I’m sure dreadnought would be the first to arrive

Solved it!

Why add a league above diamond if current D1 will just go straight there? What will change?

This thread would change.

If there’s more mountain to climb, there’s more room for others to climb it

Okay so lets run with this. Let’s call it “ruby league” for shits and giggles.

So before we had
Diamond 1 (25)
Diamond 2 (25)
Sapphire 1 (50)
Sapphire 2 (75)
Sapphire 3 (100)
Platinum 1 (125)
Platinum 2 (175)
Platinum 3 (250)
etc…

Now what you are proposing is
Ruby (25)
Diamond 1 (25)
Diamond 2 (25)
Sapphire 1 (50)
Sapphire 2 (75)
Sapphire 3 (100)
Platinum 1 (125)
Platinum 2 (175)
Platinum 3 (250)
etc…

But at the top end there seems to be a pretty tough competition field so why don’t we increase each league by a little bit so that more teams can compete.

Ruby (25)
Diamond 1 (25)
Diamond 2 (25) -> (50)
Sapphire 1 (50) -> (75)
Sapphire 2 (75) -> 100)
Sapphire 3 (100) -> (125)
Platinum 1 (125) -> (175)
Platinum 2 (175) -> (250)
Platinum 3 (250)
etc…

And then since naming can really be whatever we want, why don’t we just reassign old familiar names to these new leagues.

Diamond 1 (25)
Diamond 2 (25)
Sapphire 1 (50)
Sapphire 2 (75)
Sapphire 3 (100)
Platinum 1 (125)
Platinum 2 (175)
Platinum 3 (250)

OH WAIT WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE

Noob Q about leagues

So why not add this league below Sapphire to create a more pyramid shape? Why add it on top of diamond?

That works as well, I’m by no means saying it absolutely needs to be at the top, just figured they get EVERYTHING so best chances would be they would get it

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: haven’t laughed so hard in days. Good one mech!