Is Scorpa Underrated? How to fly Scorpa the Caustic Nuke!

Edit to add my newest video at the bottom. I feel it best showcases Scorpa’s potential.

Hey everyone! I had difficulty finding good gameplay with scorpa and had idea of how I wanted to test him out, I finally got him and now I want to share a video so everyone can make the best decision for them on wether to get scorpa or not!

Quite a fun dragon but requires practice and speed to maximize his use. Not for everyone, and I haven’t flown against defenders too many times but I think if you’re attacking in the right range scorpa should still do okay.

Here’s the video! Hope it helps! Feel free to share your thoughts and input or ask questions!

Additions from comments:

• Ice flak SS is a weakness.
  • Storm tower SS - you can hit towers with 2 Caustic Spines and some ammo before storm shield becomes effective.

Scorpa Defended:

Edit:
Here’s my newer scorpa video which shows defended long bases and even a base with lvl 59-60 towers that I defeated with sapphire scorpa.

8 Likes

:thinking: Scorpa against active Storm + Ice Flak SS

Active storm I have faced before, you can get the 2 caustic spines and a burst of ammo off in time of your quick enough to beat the shield and they’ll continue taking damage, the ice flak SS would be a problem (as for many dragons) but if you are attacking towers at a level relative to your dragon tier, you should be able to burst the ice flak and then use bloodlust to regain some health. But yes, a heavily defended base with an ice flak would be a weakness for sure.

Not sure you can caustic before storm activates but I don’t have Scorpa so dunno :man_shrugging:

If you watch the video, at 3:30 there is a storm on island 3 in bottom left position that activated and I get off 2 caustic spines and Ammo before the shield fully activated.

Yep, I think you did, as I saw 2 110’s before you cloaked.
The defender didn’t really defend on that 3 though as neither EF nor back blue should have died and it would have left you mage drained going into 2.

All in all, nice showing of scorpa!

2 Likes

Nice work. Thanks for the vid :smiley:

1 Like

I have updated my original post with my new video showing scorpa flying against some defenses bases, one at the end with 3 defenders defending quite well.

In an attempt to keep it all in one place I edited this post again to add my newest scorpa video which I feel showcases his potential a little better. Took a lot of practice and input from other.

Do you think it is better than dreth and firefinn ?

20190725_122803

no

5 Likes

I think Scorpa has more potential to be better than Dreth but requires more practice and skill. dreth is solid when you stay at appropriate level but struggles with defender.

Firefin I don’t have and haven’t seen any gameplay yet, but also has potential against certain bases if flown well. I might try to get a few stones for Firefin to make some videos depending where I’m at by the end of the season :slight_smile:

Unless you can do the #drethtrick

3 Likes

What is the drethtrick ?

2 Likes

well-presented with solid info. Subscribed w/ notifications in thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fire 2 or 3 of Dreth’s spells in reverse order - in order of their travel time rather than the order you want them to hit.

I don’t have Firefin, but he should be pretty good. Should fly similarly to Somnus though. So he should be a solid sorceror that has problems with an ice flak.

I also really agree with the title of this thread! I definitely think that Scorpa is an great hunter and was very underrated! Definitely need to check out these videos when I get a chance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.