Is spending not competing?

The other day someone in LC said that spending and doing good in events, because of spending, isn’t competing. Apparently only grinding is competing. What’s your take on this?

Well people want same as spenders as free players and believe the game would exist without them :roll_eyes:

I have no idea what competing is in that guy mind. I do know though that if the game was played only by F2P players, the game would have been dead before the gold tier was the the top tier.

5 Likes

All mobile games are based on spendings. No Dev would give you games free without have it payed.

1 Like

Finally someone that knows how a business works

I hate grinding… but I do it when I level to max my dragons in 24 hours or less. If there was a solution to max a dragon without grinding and for that matter, any easy solution to a complicated problem, I don’t think that anyone would just chose another path but the easy one. It’s in the human nature…

Most of the people griping about spending in LC vastly overestimate how much of their opponents’ performance is due to spending. But let’s not pretend dropping money isn’t a shortcut, or that it doesn’t eliminate some capable opponents that simply can’t match it.

6 Likes

I mean to compete you just have to follow the rules. Spending and grinding are both following the rules. That’s pretty much all there is to it.

1 Like

Spending in game is essential , without that we can’t get this game keep updated and new contents,
But I think what that guy meant in LC is , may be
If we gonna compete with other players we may needs to check the rules are same ,

For example i do compete with players like me who spend only on elite , but I never wants to compete with spenders , because that’s whole different level .

But if we spend , then we can compete with players who similarly spends like us :blush:.

i wonder if i’ll find a pile of udon noodles instead when i axe the cranium of whoever said that wide open. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

In this and all mobile games there are two ways to be COMPETITIVE, spending and grinding. So both would be considered competing. You are just using different resources you have available to be competitive.

1 Like

Although I for one would say the gap between spenders and light spenders is too extreme, I would absolutely say that anyone in a competitive environment invests in their hobby/sport/competition. You don’t see professional sports all playing with the same equipment or being paid the same salary. I’d go so far as to say that even countries who invest heavily in their athletes when it comes to the Olympics have a competitive edge over countries that do so to a lesser degree… not exactly a parallel but worth mentioning I think.

2 Likes

We’re all spenders. We are either spending time or money.

I have seen people get very jealous that others have money to throw at the game, which is likely what fosters statements such as “spending is not competing”.

5 Likes

Of course, anything that is bought with money gives an advantage over those who don’t pay for anything. It’s not communism, where all animals are equal. But… even in communism pigs are more equal than the rest, so… yeah, money do give an advantage to anyone who has them. It’s the same in real life, why would it be different in a game like WD ?

1 Like

Again, why should an non spender get same stuff?

It should be able to be obtained if they put in the time. Time is currency as well.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t unless they seriously grind. It’s either grind for hours on end or spend. It’s shocking the things people say about spenders. Calling them uncompetitive, no life, do something else with your money, etc… people can be very rude towards people who spend a lot. I just don’t see why some people are like that.

1 Like

Spender is the backbone of every game without them the game won’t live long. Speaking as an e2p here

1 Like

Define time. If it’s like in months, I agree. If it’s like in hours or days, even weeks, no way. And to be clear, I am not a spender, a more casual one maybe and depending on what the game offers. And yes, the spenders are those who keep the game running.

I think it would be more measured in hours per day or week and not how you are thinking.