It’s really nice to go 6 days without a support response

Title says it all. Won 2nd place in an event as a team but didn’t get 2nd place prize

. Brought it to Support’s attention. 6 days later no response.

@PGJared this looks like a call for Table Flipper Man!

This happened to our team in the last event of the winter season. Support tried to say it was a visual glitch. Then it was another team had won; and then disbanded. However; we had multiple screen shots listing all the teams in our league, and had to keep asking support who won. Finally two weeks after the end of the season they gave us our additional prizes. I wish your team the best of luck on working this out. Frustrating is not the word for it sometimes.

That 2nd place tho. Lol.

Yup, that’s what I said. We didn’t get the prize for 2nd place.

I know if you reply to the ticket to get an answer it will move your ticket to the end of the line, but have you tried? Because once when I filed a ticket about uncounted war flames, they said they’re looking into it so I waited. Then like 3 or 4 days later they told me they closed the ticket because they haven’t heard from me since :pensive: sometimes it could be better to push, sounds like you’ve waited long enough

Could really use the ticket number so I can investigate…

Wow, yeah, that’s a long time without a reply. Way, way outside SLAs. I’m gonna go flip some tables.

15 Likes

Appreciate it.

I have at least gotten a response for the same issue (same team as in the screen shot) support keeps saying it’s a visual glitch yet can’t tell me what team got 2nd place. I can understand that there could be an issue, but how can support be so certain that our team got the correct prize if they can’t tell me what team was ahead of us? They say their findings show we got 3rd yet can’t say what the findings are. Seems like they don’t know of we actually got the right prize but are coming up with excuses.

Yeah, they’re still trying to use the same BS line with me. “We don’t know who got second but it wasn’t you.” What a joke.

Okay, I think I know what the holdup on this ticket is. Did some digging and found the bottleneck. I’ve messaged the appropriate folks to dig into this more. It’s kind of out of the hands of PX at this point as we need some investigations run. As soon as we know more yours and a bunch of other tickets will be updated.

Thanks. I know this isn’t your fault. You always catch the brunt of it since you’re here and you’re the public face. This ticket + two others where the original service member CLEARLY did not read my message just got under my skin. Really appreciate your help :slight_smile:

@PGJared does support actually read the tickets? They just closed my ticket saying the solution would be solved with the rest of King of the Hill issues. It could not be more clear from the timeline that this was not a KotH issue. I don’t know who you asked to look into the issue but they’re clearly incompetent

Okay, spoke to the right person and got the bottleneck cleared. Yay for detective work.

So, to explain this I need to remind you of another thing. Remember how everyone’s individual and team points for the event got all wonky and mismatched? We ran a thing that put them to rights, by boosting the lower number up to the higher number. Now, to be clear, what that means is we gave people extra team contributions. This was, in fact, kind of a fake-out. The real issue was that player had received too many individual points. We didn’t want to take anyone’s points away, as that would generally suck for everyone and we’d have to either look at removing prizes or people would get double-prizes and it’s a giant headache to explain why we suddenly yanked your points away.

So, we added a bunch of team contributions to get your team prizes up to where your individual prizes were and balance everything out. All fixed, right? Well, no. We gave contributions, not points. So on your screen you see XYZ when in reality it’s ABC. On the back-end the leaderboard knows the correct points, but what players see is wrong.

What this ended up doing was completely breaking the leaderboard page on the player side.

I will take a look at your ticket but clearly someone is messing something up dramatically.

1 Like

[qquote=“PGJared, post:16, topic:44536”]
Okay, spoke to the right person and got the bottleneck cleared. Yay for detective work.

So, to explain this I need to remind you of another thing. Remember how everyone’s individual and team points for the event got all wonky and mismatched? We ran a thing that put them to rights, by boosting the lower number up to the higher number. Now, to be clear, what that means is we gave people extra team contributions. This was, in fact, kind of a fake-out. The real issue was that player had received too many individual points. We didn’t want to take anyone’s points away, as that would generally suck for everyone and we’d have to either look at removing prizes or people would get double-prizes and it’s a giant headache to explain why we suddenly yanked your points away.

So, we added a bunch of team contributions to get your team prizes up to where your individual prizes were and balance everything out. All fixed, right? Well, no. We gave contributions, not points. So on your screen you see XYZ when in reality it’s ABC. One the back-end the leaderboard knows the correct points, but what players see is wrong.

What this ended up doing was completely breaking the leaderboard page on the player side.
[/quote]

How does this explain me getting 3rd place prizes when we were clearly the team in second place?

Please refer to

So we had no way to know that we needed to push a little (or a lot) more to get second place? Our team fought like hell to make and hold 2nd place. For all we knew there was no chance but we kept pushing regardless.

That’s correct, and I apologize for that. The event leaderboard got completely messed up.