It's not you, it's me

Yeah, that didn’t last long. I’m bored and burnt out, so I am going to take a break from the game for awhile. Maybe forever. So back to the original topic of It’s not you, it’s me.

2nd post

So… I’m gonna hang out for a bit longer with WD and just go E2P, stop doing spreadsheets and websites (and spending hours a day on game stuff) and just play for a bit and see how it goes.

I’ll keep posting fixer-upper updates here if anyone is interested in that stuff.

Original post

Oh wait… maybe it is you (I’m looking at you PG) :rofl:

After 3 years, it’s time to go. I’m not much for goodbyes, so really that’s all I got. :grin:

If anyone wishes to take over the Fort Planner, please let me know. It’s not too terribly difficult to maintain. I just have a folder in my Google Drive where I upload the csv files from the game and a custom Google Script that goes through that folder and creates a table of contents that includes the spreadsheet ranges. The fort planner is set up to get all the info from that table and there’s nothing else to do. You just need to know how to get the game files.

There’s the rest of the vault as well, so if you want to take all that on as well that would be great.

25 Likes

Thank you for all the work you did for us :confused:

1 Like

Will you be leaving the forum too? :cry:

I’m gonna try… but it’s become a daily habit to check in so it might be hard to do. :firefin:

3 Likes

Why leave the forum? You found another place to get your daily dose of funny cat pics?

2 Likes

No, no I haven’t. But hanging around the forums might make me think about logging into the game. :eyes:

1 Like

Depends on why you’re quitting. If it’s cause you fell hard for another player but now ya’ll rarely talk and logging in hurts cause you’re reminded of him each time … then you should quit everything.

Else, take a step back from the competitive lane and enjoy a more relaxed pace. :sloth:

2 Likes

I’m not having fun anymore. The dragons have become mediocre and the prices are ridiculous.

10 Likes

Then skip a season and hang out at a chillax pace. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Play enough to enjoy but not too much to be frustrated

Edit: Hold onto the best part of the game … the social part

1 Like

I’m done. I’ve spent way too much time on this game. It’s time to move on.

7 Likes

Ok. It’ll be sad for you to disappear completely. But that’s how it’s been lately. :pensive:

1 Like

Oh dang. That’s sad to hear. :sob:

Thanks for all your hard work!

2 Likes

:frowning_face: Sorry Sam. I just need to step away for my own sanity.

I’ve been an officer and a leader. Created a team and pushed up to Plat 1 just in time to get Atlas for that last Plat rollout only to watch the team fall apart. I’ve spent countless hours on spreadsheets and websites. I can’t even begin to imagine how much time I’ve spent on this game and I’m pretty burnt. I’ve tried hanging out in low Plat but it was frustrating for me to have to herd cats, so I tried sapphire only for the team I joined to disband 3 months later. I’ve tried everything I can think of to try to renew my excitement for the game it’s just not happening.

I was hoping the new season would get me excited again, but meh. Increased branch costs and mediocre dragons are not exciting at all.

So, it’s time to go.

18 Likes

Very sad to see you go! Thank you for everything you have done for the players and my own pet projects. Wish you the best.

–H

2 Likes

Careful you don’t get trampled on the way out the door… seems like there might be a stampede headed there. Best of luck!

4 Likes

We will miss you, Kate.
Thank you for your dedication and countless hours in keeping the vault maintained.
And many happier hours in your new gaming choice.

Fly with us one last time! :eggtoken:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all the hard work you’ve put in. You’ve helped the community immensely. Have you thought about what you’re going to do with all this free time that you’re going to have?

1 Like

Run Kate run :joy:

I get the burnt out feeling. Been happening to a lot of people lately. Sad to see you go. Thanks for all your work on the Vault and good luck in your future endeavors :hugs:

Hopefully someone else will take over. Then I don’t have to figure out how do it lol

1 Like

This community will miss an amazing person. Most people know your outstanding excel skills but, to me, your kindness is as amazing as your dedication to help people around you. I won’t try to make you change your mind because, when the time comes to say goodbye, you have to be happy, open your heart, open your eyes, remembering past and wonderful happiness! Say goodbye to someone is like giving him the hand, make an appointment for another tomorrow. The sadness of a departure is a beautiful promise, a promise to meet again in this global world

See you soon, dear Kate!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Kate for all you’ve done to the community and best of luck for ur future endeavour!

2 Likes