Kingdom Wars Update: Dragon Defenders Blog - Official Discussion Thread

Discuss the Kingdom Wars: Dragon Defenders Update here!

Update: The official Updates Thread for this weekend’s event can be found here: Official Updates Thread for Weekend of 6/19

*Update, 2:09pm PST, 6/18

We apologize for the rough start to the event. Thanks to your feedback, we came to the conclusion that the event is unplayable, so we have decided to end Kingdom Wars: Dragon Defenders.

We are currently working on distributing player compensation. We’ll be running Fight Pits as a replacement event tomorrow. Fight Pits will start sometime after 12pm PST, the exact time is to be determined. Please stay tuned for additional updates.

Update, 11:12am PST, 6/16 - the original blog post said that there were 30 bases per region. That was incorrect. Regions will have 16 bases.

Hi all - we’re trying out gameplay changes to Kingdom Wars so that we can find ways to turn this into an exciting event! We are going to continue to work on KW until we find a good mix of fun, challenging, and rewarding – so we hope to use these updates to learn more about what you all like about events.

With that being said, we’ll be hosting an AMA in this thread (our event designers will start answering questions tomorrow) so we can talk about the update, the future of KW, and listen to your feedback.

What do you think of the suggested update?

• This is a good start to making KW awesome (Positive)
  • Meh (Neutral)
  • PG still has a lot of work to do on KW (Negative)

0 voters

Really liking the changes and can’t wait for the event now! :grin:

2 Likes

Kind of sounds like it’s a PVE event not PVP. I personally like when players bases aren’t irrelevant but this should be an interesting rodeo this weekend

5 Likes

My biggest problem with KW were the alliances. Not sure the update helps this at all. Would like to have seen points in some way tied to the percentage of attacks against a team - or - your base decays faster when next to another teams base you never attack (maybe it should go back to being neutral).

Also, PG should make a non-team pvp event. Not all players want to be straddled with 49 other players all the time; would love to test my skills against other players my own level - one on one.

7 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

13 Likes

To clarify… when a team acquires control of a hex, it switches over to PvP at that point like before, right? And is this depleting the 30 bases or the actual hex, as it was before?

Edit: If it is sub-bases… KW is already laggy enough that I can’t see the points on the hexes without waiting for ~15s+ sometimes, so how would it handle all the base HP?

5 Likes

I’m going to hold off on any positive or negative response to the event until it is over. That being said I would like if events were more pvp based than pve based. Having defenders adds more of an element to the game in my opinion and requires more strategy. Would’ve been nice if those pve bases were replaced with team bases with hp that were defendable, that would’ve been fun.

10 Likes

I don’t think there is any PVP in this event Sci. Pure PvE only! Yay for progress!

10 Likes

gogo Krelos if so, I guess :rofl:

14 Likes

What does PG think these changes solve?

13 Likes

Biggest complaints I have about this event are the random map placements and the alliances you have to form to even get anywhere. I see nothing in this that addresses either of these issues.

16 Likes

Also I noted that at one point the post said “majority control”… does that mean a team doesn’t have to “finish” the tile to conquer it? Just whoever has the most progress is in control?

1 Like

Oh for the record, I hate these changes.

14 Likes

This seems goofy, but I will hold judgement and see how it plays out I guess

5 Likes

Majority meaning, of the 30 bases on each tile, which ever team has defeated more bases has control. Defeating a base means you do say 30k damage to a base by multiple runs (not sure how much HP they have). So essentially you have to defeat multiple “territories” within a single tile in order to control it if other teams are also fighting for it

1 Like

Seems messy, would have been easier to get rid of KW. We’ll see.

11 Likes

Yes - so instead of taking over one hex, you now need to take over 30 bases. Yay for progress!

1 Like

9 Likes

I was assuming it was a typo :sob: lag will be the true PvE, if not.

Personally I feel a daily reset and land shuffle would have done more to help teams that feel helpless in this event. It would cause teams that do work together, not that I see anything wrong with that, to change who they work with daily and adapt strategy. Plus it would help with what I feel is the number one complaint about this pvp, initial placement.
Some of the changes, like defender dragon, seem unnecessary and overly complicated. I do kind of like the pve bases being available throughout for lower levels but wish there was at least an option to attack players bases, really isn’t much of a pvp as it stands now. Lol

Just want to clarify that my team actually really liked kw as it was because we love having to be strategic and also enjoy working with other teams. Honestly seems like these changes won’t affect that too much other then the addition of regions affecting what other teams you choose to work with. It also seems though that these changes don’t address the issues of those who don’t like the event.

All I ask is that the event doesn’t get pulled again for half of a season leaving us with only three pve, I mean pvp events in the rotation🥺 Perhaps you all could work with players who have had good ideas for improvement, as it stands I haven’t seen anyone post anything asking for these type of changes🤔

13 Likes