Late Night Pizza Talk

It’s 10pm but I’m waiting for an initial proof of some pizza dough so I can shape it and toss it in the fridge overnight to cold ferment. While I’m waiting, tell me your favorite pizza type and/or toppings.

(Please, please, no pizza arguments or smugness. You could tell me a pizza bagel was your favorite pizza and I’d be cool with it.)

11 Likes

Caremalized onion, roasted chicken, roasted red pepper, pine nuts, feta and spinach.

7 Likes

Classic. That’s a great combo.

1 Like

Garden special & Gilroy garlic for me with lots of capsicums, olives & chili peppers. Also, no cheese because I’m vegan. :green_heart:

4 Likes

Wait…lemme go look for the pizza I always order…

Okay, it says beef pepperoni, ground beef, fresh onions, green pepper, mushroom and ripe olives :dog::orange_heart:

Though, I like a seafood pizza I tried before.

4 Likes

I like all toppings but… im sorry plz don’t kill me Hawaiian pizza… with ham, bacon, pineapple etc… amazing.

BBQ with BBQ sauce and chicken is great

Or… traditional pepperoni.

4 Likes

Im a simple pizza eater, just pepperoni with extra cheese. Preferably easy on the sauce since Im not a fan of tomatoes. Also sauce 100% belongs under the cheese. The pepperoni can go under or on top but do not ruin perfectly wonderful cheese by glopping on a bunch of sauce on top.

Mac-Daddy

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. I’ve enjoyed a Hawaiian pizza many times in the past.

That really depends on the pizza for me. If you’re making a Detroit pizza, then the red stripe is pretty classic.

2 Likes

My team bullies me because i like it :joy: (they’re like family so they’re allowed to… I believe you call that tough love? :laughing:)

4 Likes

Okay, dough is in the fridge cold-fermenting. I’m off to bed but I’ll check in tomorrow for a bit more pizza talk. Wish me luck as I make my first Detroit style pizza. Hopefully it looks as good as this picture:

(I’ve made a ton of other styles of pizza in the past, but I dearly love Detroit style and want to learn how to make it well.

11 Likes

Oh this looks like too much dough :see_no_evil: I like my pizza thin and crisp, very simple classic fresh tomato sauce, rounds of fresh mozarella (not grated one from package), maybe pepperoni and always frsh basil. :smiley:

4 Likes

I pretty much like cheese. Feta cheese is cool. Sometimes mushrooms. Cheese is better. Pesto sauce instead of marinara.

It’s 2am.

5 Likes

I hate when they do it, it ruins it for me. I had that just the other night, asked for light sauce and it looked like a blood bath on top. You’d have thought an S3 team had loaded primes on a lv 4 access. I love the caramelized crust of the Detroit style but the sauce on top is sacrilegious to me. Plus why just the streak of red when the rest is then sauce-less? Who got drunk and designed this style of pizza?

MY EYES! :sob: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: That poor glorious cheese
It’s so thick it could be dipping sauce for chips

4 Likes

@PGJared do we get a picture of your pizza once you make it? :smiley:

7 Likes

Unrelated, but my friend and I asked for queso at a Mexican restaurant in Oregon a while back. They looked confused and we were like… “Melted cheese to dip chips in…” and this is what we got:

Literal melted shredded cheese on a plate. Placed on the table with a flourish.

9 Likes

Extra sauce (because places always skimp :roll_eyes:), black olives, onions, and green pepper with a little bit of Parmesan on top.

Oooh…and pepperoni with hot honey :drooling_face:

4 Likes

5 Likes
  • undergrad: black olives to get rid of people dorm people begging for pizza
  • ham & pineapple to troll people on LINE
  • Or… some combo of feta cheese + a meat, roasted red peppers or green peppers + a meat
  • Also, I don’t mind Domino’s… convenience is nice, though I prefer a woodfire pizza place more. There’s also another place with $40 pizzas that taste worse than Domino’s to me :rofl:
6 Likes

I will practically have anything on my pizza, and will usually load it up with a ton of different things. The one thing that I have to have though (if available) is 3 sunny-side up eggs arranged in a kind of triangle on top. You bust that open, let the yoke pour, and you will be in heaven. Literally the best topping on any pizza. The trick is to take out the pizza halfway through cooking and then crack em on. Stick it back in and you got yourself eggy goodness, cooked to perfection.

1 Like

Surprised no just likes plain pizza with no toppings just the cheese :drooling_face:

4 Likes