Leavings of a random mad man

Laters peoples and random cats,

I’m only writing this because I was asked to by some teamates that I happen to actually like. I’m out of this game and just waiting for appropriate replacement for me on my team. Yeah I’m a random nobody in this game, but I have some fairly solid reasons I believe everyone should take into consideration.

1. I think the only time I’ve been responded to by PG is by going AWOL. That’s not a good sign with how active I’ve been on the forums. Not detrimental, but not a good sign.

2. The help desk is among the most pathetic set I’ve ever encountered. The constant blaming the end user and attempting to have them reinstall the game even though someone just reports the KNOWN bug and it’s called an isolated case by said help desk. See ticket 1760423. There many like this and I’d be surprised if 80%+ weren’t like this.

3. Android vs iOS. Seriously, what the heck?! Android isn’t the issue here, PG not knowing how to handle it is. We’ve been on a month of a game that’s either unplayable for some or bordering unplayable for basically everyone else on Android and it’s still “under investigation”. I don’t know what percentage of people use Android on this game, but I guarantee it’s significantly lower than it should be due to the extremely poor support for it. I even had a teammate offer to send me an iPad to not quit. That’s pathetic it has to come to this imo.

4. I’m always going to harp on this. Emojis. It’s not complicated and has a pretty annoying effect on this game when you don’t have them. We told you what the problem was and you say it isn’t worth it. IDK, I stopped buying packs over it and I wouldn’t be surprised if a few others had that as their tipping point.

5. QA/QC. I don’t know how this is so difficult to achieve. Also, I wonder if any code tests are even being run, because if there were any tests worth their salt many of these issues wouldn’t be seen by us. @HWRD has given some advice on this. It worth listening to.

6. It kinda peeves me we have to have a mass revolt to get PG to do anything. Not just once in the last month, but multiple times. Not once in this has PG stated they will fix Android so I see no value in my continued patience. Others have far more patience than me and GL I hope that works out for you.

Peace out.

18 Likes

I am beyond frustrated by this as well. Even more than the problems themselves and constant shoving blame on to me for errors in the app, I am sick of inconsistent and apathetic responses from the help desk. I like this game. Moreso, I love my team and don’t want that camaraderie to fade when I quit (which I know it eventually will even if I stay on Line chats); however, I am on the verge of quitting. I need to know: will PG ever fix Android issues? If not, you should take the game off Google play. It would be much better to just present it as an apple only game than to pretend it works on Android devices and not offer any help for widespread issues.

8 Likes

It’s always sad when a player leaves out of frustration, even a random one that I don’t know :grin::wink:. I’m sorry you were not able to get the same enjoyment from this game that I have gotten. Hope life gives you good turns.

7 Likes

Very sad to see you go, Skullbone30882. I think we have spent the better part of a year trying to improve the game with not a lot of satisfactory results.

Wish you the best!!! I’m going free to play as my next step.

–H
Bye%20Bye%20Cat

6 Likes

@Arelyna @PGawal @Crisis :point_up_2:

7 Likes

Sad to see players leaving because of reasons like this.

5 Likes

Goodbye random unknown player, remove it for sure, otherwise you will come again to check your base and bite the bait

4 Likes

Same problem here about android phone

2 Likes

I stopped buying packs last year and just went f2p last month. The numerous bugs and broken game economy made me realize putting money into this game isn’t worth it when there are plenty of games out there that function so much better. I hope you find something else to enjoy!

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see you go, hope you will find success in whatever you do afterwards. I am on Android with a 1 yo and 3 yo phones, the former having the missing emojis but otherwise both are playing fine. However I have never used an apple device so I can’t compare.

Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Crisis @PGawal @Arelyna I’d love some sort of response from PG. Do they even care that a large portion of their player base is extremely frustrated and ready to quit?

4 Likes

Im sorry to see @Skullbone30882 has reached a tipping point. We do care and its why I’ve showed up and started the conversations I have.

Android is a known problem for WD. There are initiatives in the works to deliver this year that should hopefully help performance on Android, but I dont have hard dates for those deliverables yet.

6 Likes

Cat%20on%20a%20Coaster
Your week is just getting started. Think you guys might be in for another bump or twist or turn or something.

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear there is a solution in the works. Could someone let the help desk know so they quit blaming every problem on a WiFi connectivity issue even when that’s clearly not the problem?

4 Likes

Android is a challenge because it is not standardized equipment. Each tablet functions differently unlike Apple tablets. Because of this, the game must keep pace with old and new releases of android tablets. This simply is the challenge. I love Samsung S3 tablets and Hate my Apple tablet. I prefer android as long as it is on a great tablet.

I hope this helps others to understand the challenges of the Android platform.

3 Likes

I’m absolutely gutted to see my team mates leaving due to this. Skull was one of our elite players… times are bad :cry:

2 Likes

I strongly agree with everything you’ve jotted down making this a game leading to frustration and eventually quitting. I have to play on my iOS bcos atlas for my android or event events won’t load up, not even regular attacks . It’s severely annoying have to write back and forth to the game support with no actual solutions.
Hope you find a decent game for yourself.
This one just leaves a sour aftertaste. Smh.

1 Like

This is excellent news. I run android and can tell you the lag/crashes/glitches etc… have been awe inspiring. I very much look forward to fixes, even incremental changes would be so very welcome.

3 Likes

This is not a new concept. Desktop developers have been dealing with this on PCs for 30+ years. 9 different major versions of Windows with hundreds of sub versions and builds and service packs and hot patches, implemented on infinite combinations of 3rd party hardware. And yet developers have a very high success rate in creating software that runs well across the entire ecosystem.

my own career as an engineer and developer has been based on non-mobile platforms. PCs and dedicated purpose protective equipment for utility systems. So I am not very familiar with how the mobile platform industry works. Perhaps developers who cut their teeth on iOS platform have never had to deal with the struggle of platform variability and thus never learned how to write bullet proof code. Maybe PG needs to bring in some old school windows programmers and teach them android.

Bottom line is if you stay with the core API, stay away from anything even slightly version specific, and don’t assume that good hardware will make up for crappy algorithms then you’re going to do alright.

5 Likes