Leos' Lion's Rage and Leos overall

Hi guys! I’m fairly new to this game and I’ve been spending a lot of time reading the forums to gain as much knowledge of this game as I can. I’ve learned that higher tier players usually prefer hunters as their go to dragons, and with the new divines this time it’s Equestor that’s brewing up a storm. Leos on the other hand has been getting a lot of negativity as most warriors do, but me and my teammates have been using him and he seems pretty decent for us (we are lvl 100 and bellow). We can take on bases double-triple leos’ power. We’ve been abusing him since we’ve learned that lion’s rage does not deactivate ones it has been triggered, so as long as Leos activates lion’s rage, it would still maintain it even if it heals back to full health again.

I’m just here out different opinions on Leos, especially from people who are using Leos in the higher tier. Your opinions are very much appreciated! :grin:

One of my friend has taken down Invader’s base level 140 with Avyx level 17 easily while he still has hard time getting 70% with his level 25 Leos. It should give a fair comparison between Avyx and Leos.
That being said, at levels less than 70, Leos can create havoc on most of the bases. Most players who compare dragons in forums or higher leagues only do the comparison for war purpose against similar/ higher level opponents with strategic bases having highest level towers possible for the base level. In those cases, warriors and even sorcerers have very hard time clearing bases. So when you read in forums, you can safely conclude that 70-80% views are in those lines and will most likely go against warriors unless it is extraordinarily strong compared to other warriors ( Moonfang is one ).
And from my experience, Leos is not a bad deal at all at 50% off compared to the lackluster dragons this season and is pretty decent.
And you can always start learning hunters once you get Whale/Cons or both which will be starting point for you to use hunters in defended wars on short bases.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I currently have leos til platinum. Would you suggest for me to continue getting leos evo stones? Or get avyx instead? Btw I am just lvl 37, I joined early in November :grin:

At this point I would suggest hoarding your sigils. If you can afford it, might want to think about going for this first page of the Kayla rider which is at discount. finishing the first page will allow you to max level her, but after the first page there is no discount and without the gear the rider can go on any dragon and be swapped between them whether they are wind or not. If you don’t want the rider (I know dragons are more exciting) then I’d hold your sigils and wait and see whether or not any deals pop up, or you get feedback down the road that is better towards helping your decision.

You won’t be able to get Leos to platinum for awhile, so there is no rush to keep pushing his line at the moment. In general it is better to try to get a dragon as far as you can (to be used for a longer period of time in your gameplay) but seeing as how you won’t even reach platinum for a long time I’d just suggest patience moving forward so you don’t finish the season thinking “shoot I should have done such and such.” You can always keep going for Leos if that’s the decision you come to, but no need to rush right now. It usually takes some time for really good feedback on the dragons begins to surface as the higher levels experiment and share their opinions.

2 Likes

Get Leos all possible stone. As has been suggested, you will use hunters on gold tiers, therefore wait till then.

1 Like

@CheekyGrinch That is what I originally had in plan. I’m hoping maybe the last legendary would get a discount. As for the rider, I can’t proll reach the end of the first page so would it still be worth it to get her? Btw I have a chimerak and a spindra too but I don’t have any evo stones for them :sweat_smile: Just puting that there

No reason to rush in my opinion, though general rule of thumb is DEFINITELY better to have 1 dragon far along the line than multiple dragons not far along the line. Being this soon in the season, there is time if in a month it is realized that X dragon is by far the best, and then can go for that one (just talking in general). If it was late in the season then definitely should just focus on Leos rather than getting some dragons that will be obsolete soon. I see no harm in patience this early, it’s not like you can’t use those saved up sigils for Leos a month or even 2 months down the road. He’ll still be there if that’s the path you choose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me ask you this, is the amount of effort/resources/money (if you spent money) that you put into what it took to get Leos to platinum sustainable, or did you pretty much go all out and the sigil struggle will be serious the rest of the season (either way remember you can always get Leos further without rushing to do it now)?

1 Like

You are correct about hoarding sigils but his base is only lvl 37. The branch reward items helps a lot players on his lvl.

1 Like

I’ll be a hoarder till that day comes then. Thank you again for the replies. Learning from veterans like you will certainly make me a better player. :grin:

1 Like

For sure, helps at my level too. But they’ll still be there all season. I’m not saying to definitely NOT keep going on Leos line, I’m just saying from experience if you don’t have to rush, don’t. You want to end the season thinking “I’m glad I got this dragon/rider!” If you’re thinking “I’m glad I got those tower shards and gold chests” it probably means you’re unhappy with the route you took. My 2 cents.

1 Like

Not sure I’d call myself a veteran player but I’ve made enough mistakes to be a veteran mistake-maker :slight_smile: so trying to help you avoid my pains lol

3 Likes

Also, before deciding on what you want to achieve in the season, please go through Season Planning Advice by @TheRedDelilah
You can choose your path accordingly. I would still recommend you to get Kayla the movable wisdom slayer with 6% Atk and 5% HP boost. which costs 3175 sigils for first page. If you find it too burdensome, ignore it and go ahead with some hoarding until you get the next dragon.
And also fyi, there won’t be a discount on third main dragon if you are expecting that. But there will be a second rider late into season if you want rider but can wait. I am skeptical about its cost though.
If you want to get another dragon and start saving sigils, it costs 1700 sigils to get dragon egg. You can bank xp after that while deciding whether to go for its next stone or continue on Leos.

1 Like

@LuffyXP The thing is I only have 300 sigils left, and the 50% off on kayla ends on about a week which is prolly not enough time for me to get her to max lvl. Thank you for sharing @TheRedDelilah season advice, I find it very informative though it doesn’t give lower players such as myself in depth advise :slight_smile:

It doesn’t give in depth advice because it is struggle to achieve much at lower levels. For example, see you only have 350 sigils now after getting Leos Platinum stone.
Even on my lev 28 alt, i got gold on leos and am about 400 sigils short of getting Equestor. But in general you can follow the green-sapphire advice which still holds good. The only issue is you cannot go too far. My target this season is hatching Equestor and saving sigils while waiting for second rider. In the end i will go either further with Equestor depending on performance or go with second rider if cheap. Hoarding is best for now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.