Let me get this straight

So, Atlas players are now getting more chance to get mythic rider gear (as per the blog post), which non-atlas players already cannot get…oh, and they get the chance to have another 500k shards instead of elite gear…just because they clearly don’t get enough shards already, while the non-atlas peasants look for shard scraps.

Why are they being made even stronger? That is completely, and totally, unfair. At least give us peasants a way of getting ONE of those things.

Have I missed something, or misinterpreted something?

FOR ONCE THIS ISN’T A THREAD ABOUT MORE TEAMS NOT BEING IN ATLAS so please don’t turn it into one.

I’m not even going to mention the complete rider imbalance between an atlas/non-atlas. We just have to accept being peasants there.

7 Likes

Mythic rider gear has been available every season I have played in Atlas.

On the bright side all P1 teams and up get Atlas access next season.

EDIT : Hopefully not long until all P teams added so that most active players and teams are part of Atlas.

I have some alts in G1 and that league is a zombie league.

5 Likes

yes, it is a season. this happens about every three months.
non-atlas players cannot compete with active atlas players. do with that what you will.

(it is also true that many atlas players are not very active and don’t have decent gear.)

I don’t see the P1 thing helping many teams. If I were a non-atlas team I certainly wouldn’t be sitting in P1 unless I was trying to make it to Sapphire for Atlas and didn’t quite make it. Because there’s very little difference in rewards between subleagues and significant differences in competition, a team that’s already at a disadvantage would want to sit back in a lower subleague where it’s easier.

5 Likes

Pretty much all active players and teams?

Not a chance. There’s a reason we’re stuck in Plat 4 and it’s simple. Attracting enough big players so that we can move further up is incredibly hard, because they naturally all want Atlas.

1 Like

My P2 team scoffs at this assertion.

4 Likes

Your anger is appropriate and on the ball.
Your assumption is not as unfortunately this has been the same for a few atlas seasons. The announcement seems that we are getting more however it appears to be the same ( I am not going into the math details if it costs more cause that is not your point).
Non-atlas can not compete and that is true

2 Likes

Sorry my bad I was thinking all P4 teams and above would get Atlas.

I agree plenty of active players in P1-4.

Clearly I need more coffee before I post!

1 Like

Eh… You forget that gear and shards are originally an Atlas feature, that then got rolled out to main game too to try to ‘bridge the gap’.

But… main game only players don’t have enough shards to be able to bridge that gap, I agree, it’s poor execution. I also agree that non-Atlas players can’t compete with Atlas players (that put the effort in to get gear atleast) due to lack of gear/shards and means to get them.

Rollout is nice, but not inclusive enough of people… so in a nutshell, maingame players need more ways to earn ample amount of shards to be competitive. Maybe an increase in value per drop of shards in bronzes is in order, or shards in maingame season lines, or incorporate them into dragon quests and let us choose the kind of bounty we want to go for, orrrr add a chest for just shards (although I don’t like that option, it’ll make players divert from getting other chests that’ll boost progression just to attempt to be on the same playing field as Atlas players, and I don’t think main game only players should be penalised for that) - but bear in mind this will only be ‘making the rich, richer’, since Atlas players will be able to acquire shards in those means too.

In a nutshell? Atlas players will always be superior to main game only players, I’m not sure this can be fixed, but the gap can be bridged better.

7 Likes

Just join a team with atlas or merge your team with small time gold team with atlas access ,take over their leadership

7 Likes

Its still only 4 pieces of mythic armor for offence and 4 for defense.
The word “MORE” was used as in you can get more of what you don’t have not as in they increased it to 10 or 12 pieces total.
Its always 4 for each offense and defense. Read the details!

2 Likes

I’m unsure what makes some people peasants? Do tell why you use the word peasants🤔

1 Like

I take it as peasants were considered nobodies. Considering those without Atlas can’t touch those with it, a majority of the time as exceptions to all things, those without are considered lesser and thence peasants correlation.

2 Likes

Idk it just sounds like an offensive term.
Sometimes people don’t care about being competitive which is why they are in Gold and below

3 Likes

Hey there
Couple things -
Mythic year has been available for many many seasons. It’s not new.
Second - you’ve always been able to choose shards instead of gear- I do that with elite because I can find forge elite.
Third- more teams are being added to atlas: I’d suggest if it is truly that big for you- join a team with atlas.

7 Likes

Did you decide to completely ignore me saying “ FOR ONCE THIS ISN’T A THREAD ABOUT MORE TEAMS NOT BEING IN ATLAS so please don’t turn it into one.”?

It was highlighting the completely outrageous advantages in gear and shards. That was all.

1 Like

‘Peasants’ was was:

1. never intended as offensive

2. is sarcastic and a clear self-degradation, in a light hearted way

3. If it was meant as offensive then I was insulting myself as well

4. just a damn joke

3 Likes

Did you decide to completely ignore me saying “ FOR ONCE THIS ISN’T A THREAD ABOUT MORE TEAMS NOT BEING IN ATLAS so please don’t turn it into one.”?

It was highlighting the completely outrageous advantages in gear and shards. That was all.

Wow it’s like people don’t even read…or more just half-read what they think it says

2 Likes

How do you feel it is outrageous? I’m confused :eyes:

No need to be rude - :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes