There are a number of threads complaining about the negative impact of the mega coin on several events.
One of the hot topics has over 240 replies and is still ongoing.
PG has already acted on some events like Tug of War (Capture the Flag) where the mega coin was disabled 15min before the end of the round.
A change of the Mega Coin mechanic is also due for Team Gaunlet!
I’m sure many remember the time when the HP of the PvP island was the same in all leagues. PvP in higher leages was over in a matter of seconds and it was not fun at all.
Now we are back at 2-5min PvP rounds, with lag and defenders you can only hope that your attack counts before the island is gone, this is ridicoulos.
Even worse: A very common tactic is to just start a mega attack and immediately quit as you still get 50% of the points for basically doing nothing.
This shouldn’t become another rant thread about how bad the current situation is, but propose and discuss different methods of
- limiting the abuse of Mega Coins
- make PvP last longer without requiring more energy
, because simply buffing PvP island HP only benefits PG in the end.
So here are a few options that I brainstormed with some teammates:
- Disable Mega Coins for PvP (only for PvE islands)
- Reward the same personal points from Mega Coins but have it deal only 50% damage to the PvP island
- <70% destruction: Reward players half the points from the Mega Coin but don’t reduce Island HP
- <70% destruction: Reward players half the points from the Mega Coin only if destruction >50% (half the base)
- <70% destruction: Reward players half the points from the Mega Coin only if destruction >35% (half the 70% success requirement)
Please vote for one or more of your favourite options, give constructive feedback and/or propose other options.