Livestream - 7/22/22

Hey Dragon Masters! (yeah, i’m saying that now as the intro)

We are still having a livestream tomorrow and we’re having one of our artists here at PG work on a dragon LIVE. Still finalizing the setup today but we should be good to go tomorrow. He can work on a dragon for fall or winter season. Let us know which one?

4pm PT Twitch

10 Likes

Just tested the stream - it’s gonna be awesome. Showing off concept art for an upcoming dragon and some of the animation software.

7 Likes

Fall seasons have always been my favorite and usually have some of the best and most interesting dragons. I’d love to see him work on one of them… especially if he’s making Halloween costumes for Chunk

3 Likes

Would be nice to have another chunk or noelle sort of dragons for low tiers.

5 Likes

Noelle was one of my favourites!

3 Likes

Garnet (lineage) has same real lame-o’s! Would love to see one around there!

2 Likes

A ghost or devil costume chunk as a special Halloween-type Noelle-style dragon would be amazing. Especially since they completely skipped Halloween last year and didn’t even acknowledge it.

4 Likes

ok, I think we’ll do a fall dragon today - showing the early designs of it and final artwork, and then show you some of the actual dragon (animation process).

i’ll ask finespline (designer/artist) about halloween stuff on stream

5 Likes

4 Likes

Rough concept art I take it for fall?
I’m excited to see what the art team has come up with, they are very creative individuals. If these dragons do glow, I think I see bioluminescent markings on them, I’m gonna be SIKED. I love glowing dragons

1 Like

Shroom Invokers
That top right one is pretty cool looking

3 Likes

screenshots from the stream
Several design ideas

A combination of designed B and C

A little more refind with smaller mushrooms and jaw.

An overhead aerial view

3 potential pallet ideas

6.PNG
They chose C but with some inspiration from A also

7.PNG
Refined background. Finespline suggested the reflection in the water and that it should be pushed back a bit more so more of the dragon is reflected.

0.PNG
Final product for the festive next season

I love the color on this and the glow effect.
It’s a shame though it’ll end up being a festive which are really never good. Still, absolutely beautiful. Hopefully the 3D model retains that glowing effect.

10 Likes

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post this, I was working and wasn’t able to catch the stream live.

2 Likes

hmmm… Did Seto Kiaba design this dragon?

5 Likes

in case you missed it you can check out the video on replay here: Twitch

5 Likes

There’s not really a place for this so I’m just gonna stick it here and hope it is seen…

I’m sure details of the new tier are probably already done but there’s a real lack of Dark and Fire mythic warriors in lineage lines. Would be really nice to see more of an attempt to be inclusive with these elements when designing future tiers.

OR, really innovate and have an option to switch gear elements out.
@PGCarlos

1 Like

Actually fire has the second most number of lineage mythic warriors and Dark is tied for 3rd place. Ice has had literally 1… and then there’s wind :rofl:

Wind (5): Gloomclaw, Girasol, Garnath, Ornithox, Charpent
Fire (3): Mehaten, Oni, Cerberath
Dark (2): Stormheim, Brutus
Earth (2): Archon, Amaruhk
Ice (1): Destar

2 Likes

Fair point; the data is accurate. But, they’re all low tiers. Anyone end game won’t use those.

Monarch- Earth
Artisan-- Wind
Arcanum-- Wind
Verdant-- Wind
Eldritch-- Dark
Abyssal-- Fire

I have Quasar on mine and he barely does anything compared to what Amaruhk can do.
Enough wind! Lol

I was previously really happy with all the wind dragons since wind was my first mythic defensive set but now that Im finishing up leveling my last mythic set that doesnt really matter anymore. Yeah, they really need some variation.

What’s ironic though is there’s only 1 mythic wind seasonal warrior and that’s the one I didnt even get. Dark has had a mythic warrior almost every year

Dark (4): Moonfang, Aristrat, Gig, Nockmar
Ice (4): Algor, UVS, Lockjaw, Krygant
Earth (3): Huitzil, Meglok, Sorathrim
Fire (2): Quasar, Reyze
Wind (1): Danav

It’s time for a mythic seasonal wind warrior and an ice mythic lineage warrior

2 Likes

I think there should be an “Avatar (:TLA)” gear set. Where you can trade the element every season by spending like 50k diamonds or something. It’s the gift of the Avatar to be able to use all elements! :nerd_face::heart_eyes:

2 Likes