Lupin spell icon change

So I honestly didn’t notice it at first but just wanted to bring it to the attention of pg staff after receiving a few complaints from people I know. The spell icon for rolling thunder kinda looks like a swastika. I understand it wasn’t your intent just relaying what I’ve heard from a few players :pray:. @PGGalileo @PGLawson

3 Likes

Personally barely see it, but I understand the concern.

3 Likes

That looks more like a Mangekyo Sharingan from Naruto than a swastika.

6 Likes

Yup I didn’t notice until it was pointed out to me but just wanted to let them know to be safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I noticed that too when I started seeing people flying him. At first it was one of those “wait… did I see that right or am I crazy?” and then went back to look and yeah, it could be mistaken for a swastika if you dont look at it closely
Screenshot_20201112-194610

1 Like

We are in the middle of changing it

10 Likes

just add one more entrance it will take the swatz shape away, although we are letting a bad moustache jerk redefine the meaning of a symbol.

1 Like

Can the world please stop being hypersensitive about so many things?

Not a slam on the OP who I feel was well intentioned. I just feel society tries too hard to find things to freak out about these days.

Keep calm, cowboy up and carry on!

I mean… I don’t think it’s hypersensitivity if millions of your people were killed in heinous ways for a very long time.

11 Likes

Thanks for the quick response @PGGalileo we appreciate your hard work!

4 Likes

The symbol is widely used by Indians for religious purposes.

Millions of people killed is terrible and disheartening! I agree, but a symbol shouldn’t define/refer to the act, its much more in my opinion. Remember them in history in other ways:)

To me, getting offended by a symbol seems a little childish, I think I just offended a lot of people in this sentence but if you think about it, the flags of most of the countries should be censored following logic.

The world works in a weird way;)

6 Likes

It all depends on what you associate with it.

The Swastika has been around for thousands of years before Hitler nefariously appropriated it.
However, I fully understand and support PG not wanting to invite any controversy or misinterpretation and changing the spell symbol.

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Temporarily closed just in case. Will reopen in a bit over a day. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically opened after 29 hours.

@moderators This thread can probably be closed as PG said they are fixing the spell icon! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Here’s what I think: I don’t give bans and I don’t abuse my power. But maybe you should edit this comment right away. It is so horrible to read such a thing.

2 Likes

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but this guy’s a troll. You shouldn’t waste your time with him.