Feeding event mutated from an older, and much beloved minor event: XP. Before it left for good, it had become a log10 event for “fairness”. Whatever. Anyway.
- XP to Points: Get a set number of points depending on the amount of XP you get. This is filtered through the log10 formula which I give examples for below.
- Multipliers: x5 x4 and x3 multiplier are turned into x6 x5 and x4.
- No Heal Times: Heal free weekend to promote activity. This means dragons have 0 healtime.
Point Examples with log10
|LEVEL||BASE XP||POINTS (log10)|
The feeding event teaches players to hoard and not level their dragons, crippling their power. It also has a severe impact on the food economy, draining food as people feed sometimes useless dragons and keep perches fed above helping their teammates. For players without anything to feed, this harms them. More so larger players with feeds over 2 million to try and accomplish. Overall, this event does not promote healthy gameplay for individuals or teams.
The XP event promotes activity in game, a sense of progress for players of all levels, and gets people back into the parts of the game they most love. For PG, this also means that people would be back in the game, reduce player churn (especially for low levels if this event is run more often). This would also work well as an event to be place between events or whatever else.
A Poll or Something
- Hell yeah, I would love this!
- I would change some major things…
- No, I prefer feeding